Pixel Level Tissue Classification for Ultrasound Images
Background: Pixel-level tissue classification for ultrasound images, commonly applied to carotid images, is usually based on defining thresholds for the isolated pixel values. Ranges of pixel values are defined for the classification of each tissue. The classification of pixels is then used to determine the carotid plaque composition and, consequently, to determine the risk of diseases (e.g., strokes) and whether or not a surgery is necessary. The use of threshold-based methods dates from the early 2000’s but it is still widely used for virtual histology. Methodology/Principal Findings:We propose the use of descriptors that take into account information about a neighborhood of a pixel when classifying it. We evaluated experimentally different descriptors (statistical moments, texture-based, gradient-based, local binary patterns, etc.) on a dataset of five types of tissues: blood, lipids, muscle, fibrous, and calcium.
The pipeline of the proposed classification method is based on image normalization, multiscale feature extraction, including the proposal of a new descriptor, and machine learning classification. We have also analyzed the correlation between the proposed pixel classification method in the ultrasound images and the real histology with the aid of medical specialists. Conclusions/Significance: The classification accuracy obtained by the proposed method with the novel descriptor in the ultrasound tissueimages (around 73%) is significantly above the accuracy of the state-of-the-art threshold-based methods (around 54%). The results are validated by statistical tests. The correlation between the virtual and real histology confirms the quality of the proposed approach showing it is a robust ally for the virtual histology in ultrasound images.
Related Matlab Project Titles:
- Corneal-Imaging Calibration for Optical See-Through Head-Mounted Displays.
- Adjoint Active Surfaces for Localization and Imaging.
- Real-Time Mobile 3D Temperature Mapping.
- An Efficient MRF Embedded Level Set Method for Image Segmentation.
- Electronic Field Free Line Rotation and Relaxation Deconvolution in Magnetic Particle Imaging.
- Exact Confidence Intervals for Channelized Hotelling Observer Performance in Image Quality Studies.
- Ultrasound Volume Projection Imaging for Assessment of Scoliosis.
- Automatic Deformable MR-Ultrasound Registration for Image-Guided Neurosurgery.
- Multi-Modality Vertebra Recognition in Arbitrary Views using 3D Deformable Hierarchical Model.
- Patient-Specific Biomechanical Model for the Prediction of Lung Motion From 4-D CT Images.
- Towards Large-Scale Histopathological Image Analysis: Hashing-Based Image Retrieval.
- Efficient Monte Carlo Image Analysis for the Location of Vascular Entity.
- Design and Laboratory Results of a Plenoptic Objective: From 2D to 3D With a Standard Camera.
- Experimental Validation of an Efficient Fan-Beam Calibration Procedure for k -Nearest Neighbor Position Estimation in Monolithic Scintillator Detectors.
- An Optomechatronics Inspection Technique of TFT Array Flaw Applied to Medical Display.
- An Integrated Widefield Imaging and Spectroscopy System for Contrast-Enhanced, Image-guided Resection of Tumors.
- A Low-Operating-Voltage Wireless Intermediate-Range Scheme for Energy and Signal Transmission by Magnetic Coupling for Implantable Devices.
- Efficient Training of Convolutional Deep Belief Networks in the Frequency Domain for Application to High-Resolution 2D and 3D Images.
- Image-Based Process Monitoring Using Low-Rank Tensor Decomposition.
We want to support Uncompromise Matlab service for all your Requirements Our Reseachers and Technical team keep update the technology for all subjects ,We assure We Meet out Your Needs.
- Matlab Research Paper Help
- Matlab assignment help
- Matlab Project Help
- Matlab Homework Help
- Simulink assignment help
- Simulink Project Help
- Simulink Homework Help
- Matlab Research Paper Help
- NS3 Research Paper Help
- Omnet++ Research Paper Help
- Customised Matlab Assignments
- Global Assignment Knowledge
- Best Assignment Writers
- Certified Matlab Trainers
- Experienced Matlab Developers
- Over 400k+ Satisfied Students
- Ontime support
- Best Price Guarantee
- Plagiarism Free Work
- Correct Citations
Unlimited support we offer you
For better understanding purpose we provide following Materials for all Kind of Research & Assignment & Homework service.
- Result snapshot
- Video Tutorial
- Instructions Profile
- Sofware Install Guide
- Execution Guidance
- Implement Plan
Matlab projects innovators has laid our steps in all dimension related to math works.Our concern support matlab projects for more than 10 years.Many Research scholars are benefited by our matlab projects service.We are trusted institution who supplies matlab projects for many universities and colleges.
Reasons to choose Matlab Projects .org???
Our Service are widely utilized by Research centers.More than 5000+ Projects & Thesis has been provided by us to Students & Research Scholars. All current mathworks software versions are being updated by us.
Our concern has provided the required solution for all the above mention technical problems required by clients with best Customer Support.
- Novel Idea
- Ontime Delivery
- Best Prices
- Unique Work