Integrated Widefield Imaging and Spectroscopy System
Tumor recurrence following surgery is a common and unresolvedmedical problem of great importance since surgery is the most widely used treatment for solid-mass tumors worldwide. A contributing factor to tumor recurrence is the presence of residual tumor remaining at or near the surgical site following surgery. Goal: The primary objective of this study was to develop and evaluate an image-guided surgery system based on a near infrared, handheld excitation source and spectrograph in combination with a widefield video imaging system. Methods: This system was designed to detect the fluorescence of near infrared contrast agents and, in particular, indocyanine green. The imaging system was evaluated for its optical performance and ability to detect the presence of indocyanine green in tumors in an ectopic murine tumor model as well as in spontaneous tumors arising in canines. Results: In both settings, an intravenous indocyanine green infusion provided tumor contrast.
In both the murine models and surgical specimens from canines, indocyanine green preferentially accumulated in tumor tissue compared to surrounding normal tissue. The resulting contrast was sufficient to distinguish neoplasia from normal tissue; in the canine surgical specimens, the contrast was sufficient to permit identification of neoplasia on the marginal surface of the specimen. Conclusion: These results demonstrate a unique concept in image-guided surgery by combining local excitation and spectroscopy with widefield imaging. Significance: The ability to readily detect ICG in canines with spontaneous tumors in a clinical setting exemplifies the potential for further clinical translation; the promising results of detecting neoplasia on the marginal specimen surface underscores the clinical utility.
Related Matlab Project Titles:
- A Low-Operating-Voltage Wireless Intermediate-Range Scheme for Energy and Signal Transmission by Magnetic Coupling for Implantable Devices.
- Efficient Training of Convolutional Deep Belief Networks in the Frequency Domain for Application to High-Resolution 2D and 3D Images.
- Image-Based Process Monitoring Using Low-Rank Tensor Decomposition.
- Pixel-Level Tissue Classification for Ultrasound Images.
- Corneal-Imaging Calibration for Optical See-Through Head-Mounted Displays.
- Adjoint Active Surfaces for Localization and Imaging.
- Real-Time Mobile 3D Temperature Mapping.
- An Efficient MRF Embedded Level Set Method for Image Segmentation.
- Electronic Field Free Line Rotation and Relaxation Deconvolution in Magnetic Particle Imaging.
- Exact Confidence Intervals for Channelized Hotelling Observer Performance in Image Quality Studies.
- Ultrasound Volume Projection Imaging for Assessment of Scoliosis.
- Automatic Deformable MR-Ultrasound Registration for Image-Guided Neurosurgery.
- Multi-Modality Vertebra Recognition in Arbitrary Views using 3D Deformable Hierarchical Model.
- Patient-Specific Biomechanical Model for the Prediction of Lung Motion From 4-D CT Images.
- Towards Large-Scale Histopathological Image Analysis: Hashing-Based Image Retrieval.
- Efficient Monte Carlo Image Analysis for the Location of Vascular Entity.
- Design and Laboratory Results of a Plenoptic Objective: From 2D to 3D With a Standard Camera.
- Experimental Validation of an Efficient Fan-Beam Calibration Procedure for k -Nearest Neighbor Position Estimation in Monolithic Scintillator Detectors.
- An Optomechatronics Inspection Technique of TFT Array Flaw Applied to Medical Display.
We want to support Uncompromise Matlab service for all your Requirements Our Reseachers and Technical team keep update the technology for all subjects ,We assure We Meet out Your Needs.
- Matlab Research Paper Help
- Matlab assignment help
- Matlab Project Help
- Matlab Homework Help
- Simulink assignment help
- Simulink Project Help
- Simulink Homework Help
- Matlab Research Paper Help
- NS3 Research Paper Help
- Omnet++ Research Paper Help
- Customised Matlab Assignments
- Global Assignment Knowledge
- Best Assignment Writers
- Certified Matlab Trainers
- Experienced Matlab Developers
- Over 400k+ Satisfied Students
- Ontime support
- Best Price Guarantee
- Plagiarism Free Work
- Correct Citations
Unlimited support we offer you
For better understanding purpose we provide following Materials for all Kind of Research & Assignment & Homework service.
- Result snapshot
- Video Tutorial
- Instructions Profile
- Sofware Install Guide
- Execution Guidance
- Implement Plan
Matlab projects innovators has laid our steps in all dimension related to math works.Our concern support matlab projects for more than 10 years.Many Research scholars are benefited by our matlab projects service.We are trusted institution who supplies matlab projects for many universities and colleges.
Reasons to choose Matlab Projects .org???
Our Service are widely utilized by Research centers.More than 5000+ Projects & Thesis has been provided by us to Students & Research Scholars. All current mathworks software versions are being updated by us.
Our concern has provided the required solution for all the above mention technical problems required by clients with best Customer Support.
- Novel Idea
- Ontime Delivery
- Best Prices
- Unique Work