MTSAT Visible Imager Point Spread Function Correction
An image processing methodology is presented to recover the quality of the Multifunctional Transport Satellite (MTSAT)-1R visible channel data affected by spatial crosstalk. The slight blurring of the visible optical path is attributed to an imperfection in the mirror surface caused either by flawed polishing or a dust contaminant. The methodology assumes that the dispersed portion of the signal is small and distributed randomly around the optical axis, which allows the image to be deconvolved using an inverted point spread function (PSF). The PSF is described by four parameters, which are solved using a maximum-likelihood estimator using coincident collocated MTSAT-2 images as truth.
A subpixel imagematching technique is used to align the MTSAT-2 pixels into the MTSAT-1R projection and to correct for navigation errors and cloud displacement due to the time and viewing geometry differences between the two satellite observations. An optimal set of the PSF parameters is derived by an iterative routine based on the 4-D Powell’s conjugate direction method that minimizes the difference between the PSF-corrected MTSAT-1R and the collocated MTSAT-2 images. The PSF parameters were found to be consistent over the 5 days of available daytime coincident and MTSAT-1R and MTSAT-2 images. After applying the PSF parameters, the visible sensor response is nearly linear, and the space count is close to zero. The overall linear regression standard error was reduced by 52%. Users can easily apply the PSF parameter coefficients to the MTSAT-1R imager pixel level counts to restore the original quality of the entire MTSAT-1R record.
Related DIP Project Titles:
- A Fast Integral Image Computing Hardware Architecture With High Power and Area Efficiency.
- Active Contour-Based Cell Segmentation During Freezing and Its Application in Cryopreservation.
- A Novel Stability Quantification for Disk Laser Welding by Using Frequency Correlation Coefficient Between Multiple-Optics Signals.
- Validation of a Nonrigid Registration Error Detection Algorithm Using Clinical MRI Brain Data.
- Superpixel Segmentation for Polarimetric SAR Imagery Using Local Iterative Clustering.
- A Fast Radial Scanned Near-Field 3-D SAR Imaging System and the Reconstruction Method.
- Extracting Man-Made Objects From High Spatial Resolution Remote Sensing Images via Fast Level Set Evolutions.
- A Self-Adaptive Wavelet-Based Algorithm for Wave Measurement Using Nautical Radar.
- Aircraft Recognition in High-Resolution Optical Satellite Remote Sensing Images.
- Analysis of Laser Speckle Contrast Images Variability Using a Novel Empirical Mode Decomposition: Comparison of Results With Laser Doppler Flowmetry Signals Variability.
- Vibration Spectrum Imaging: A Novel Bearing Fault Classification Approach.
- Median Filtered Image Quality Enhancement and Anti-Forensics via Variational Deconvolution.
- Stereoscopic Visualization and 3-D Technologies in Medical Endoscopic Teleoperation.
- A Methodology for Visually Lossless JPEG2000 Compression of Monochrome Stereo Images.
- Geometrically Consistent Stereoscopic Image Editing Using Patch-Based Synthesis.
- Quantitative Error Analysis of Bilateral Filtering.
- Consistency-Driven Alternating Optimization for Multigraph Matching: A Unified Approach.
- Entertainment and Immersive Content: What’s in store for your viewing pleasure.
- Binocular Suppression-Based Stereoscopic Video Coding by Joint Rate Control With KKT Conditions for a Hybrid Video Codec System.
- Overview of Measurement Methods for Factors Affecting the Human Visual System in 3D Displays.
- Improving the Spatial Resolution of Landsat TM/ETM+ Through Fusion With SPOT5 Images via Learning-Based Super-Resolution.
- Correcting Incompatible DN Values and Geometric Errors in Nighttime Lights Time-Series Images.
- Analysis of Interactions Among Two Tropical Depressions and Typhoons Tembin and Bolaven (2012) in Pacific Ocean by Using Satellite Cloud Images.
- Quantitative Aspects of Single-Molecule Microscopy: Information-theoretic analysis of single-molecule data.
We want to support Uncompromise Matlab service for all your Requirements Our Reseachers and Technical team keep update the technology for all subjects ,We assure We Meet out Your Needs.
- Matlab Research Paper Help
- Matlab assignment help
- Matlab Project Help
- Matlab Homework Help
- Simulink assignment help
- Simulink Project Help
- Simulink Homework Help
- Matlab Research Paper Help
- NS3 Research Paper Help
- Omnet++ Research Paper Help
- Customised Matlab Assignments
- Global Assignment Knowledge
- Best Assignment Writers
- Certified Matlab Trainers
- Experienced Matlab Developers
- Over 400k+ Satisfied Students
- Ontime support
- Best Price Guarantee
- Plagiarism Free Work
- Correct Citations
Unlimited support we offer you
For better understanding purpose we provide following Materials for all Kind of Research & Assignment & Homework service.
- Result snapshot
- Video Tutorial
- Instructions Profile
- Sofware Install Guide
- Execution Guidance
- Implement Plan
Matlab projects innovators has laid our steps in all dimension related to math works.Our concern support matlab projects for more than 10 years.Many Research scholars are benefited by our matlab projects service.We are trusted institution who supplies matlab projects for many universities and colleges.
Reasons to choose Matlab Projects .org???
Our Service are widely utilized by Research centers.More than 5000+ Projects & Thesis has been provided by us to Students & Research Scholars. All current mathworks software versions are being updated by us.
Our concern has provided the required solution for all the above mention technical problems required by clients with best Customer Support.
- Novel Idea
- Ontime Delivery
- Best Prices
- Unique Work