Improving Resolution of Landsat via Super Resolution
To take advantage of the wide swath width of Landsat Thematic Mapper (TM)/Enhanced Thematic Mapper Plus (ETM+) images and the high spatial resolution of Système Pour l’Observation de la Terre 5 (SPOT5) images, we present a learning-based super-resolution method to fuse these two data types. The fused images are expected to be characterized by the swath width of TM/ETM+ images and the spatial resolution of SPOT5 images. To this end, we first model the imaging process from a SPOT image to a TM/ETM+ image at their corresponding bands, by building an imagedegradation model via blurring and downsampling operations. With this degradation model, we can generate a simulated Landsat image from each SPOT5 image, thereby avoiding the requirement for geometric coregistration for the two input images.
Then, band by band, imagefusion can be implemented in two stages: 1) learning a dictionary pair representing the high- and low-resolution details from the given SPOT5 and the simulated TM/ETM+ images; 2) super-resolving the input Landsatimages based on the dictionary pair and a sparse coding algorithm. It is noteworthy that the proposed method can also deal with the conventional spatial and spectral fusion of TM/ETM+ and SPOT5 images by using the learned dictionary pairs. To examine the performance of the proposed method of fusing the swath width of TM/ETM+ and the spatial resolution of SPOT5, we illustrate the fusion results on the actual TM images and compare with several classic pansharpening methods by assuming that the corresponding SPOT5 panchromatic image exists. Furthermore, we implement the classification experiments on both actual images and fusion results to demonstrate the benefits of the proposed method for further classification applications
Related DIP Project Titles:
- Correcting Incompatible DN Values and Geometric Errors in Nighttime Lights Time-Series Images.
- Analysis of Interactions Among Two Tropical Depressions and Typhoons Tembin and Bolaven (2012) in Pacific Ocean by Using Satellite Cloud Images.
- Quantitative Aspects of Single-Molecule Microscopy: Information-theoretic analysis of single-molecule data.
- MTSAT-1R Visible Imager Point Spread Function Correction, Part II: Theory.
- A Fast Integral Image Computing Hardware Architecture With High Power and Area Efficiency.
- Active Contour-Based Cell Segmentation During Freezing and Its Application in Cryopreservation.
- A Novel Stability Quantification for Disk Laser Welding by Using Frequency Correlation Coefficient Between Multiple-Optics Signals.
- Validation of a Nonrigid Registration Error Detection Algorithm Using Clinical MRI Brain Data.
- Superpixel Segmentation for Polarimetric SAR Imagery Using Local Iterative Clustering.
- A Fast Radial Scanned Near-Field 3-D SAR Imaging System and the Reconstruction Method.
- Extracting Man-Made Objects From High Spatial Resolution Remote Sensing Images via Fast Level Set Evolutions.
- A Self-Adaptive Wavelet-Based Algorithm for Wave Measurement Using Nautical Radar.
- Aircraft Recognition in High-Resolution Optical Satellite Remote Sensing Images.
- Analysis of Laser Speckle Contrast Images Variability Using a Novel Empirical Mode Decomposition: Comparison of Results With Laser Doppler Flowmetry Signals Variability.
- Vibration Spectrum Imaging: A Novel Bearing Fault Classification Approach.
- Median Filtered Image Quality Enhancement and Anti-Forensics via Variational Deconvolution.
- Stereoscopic Visualization and 3-D Technologies in Medical Endoscopic Teleoperation.
- A Methodology for Visually Lossless JPEG2000 Compression of Monochrome Stereo Images.
- Geometrically Consistent Stereoscopic Image Editing Using Patch-Based Synthesis.
- Quantitative Error Analysis of Bilateral Filtering.
- Consistency-Driven Alternating Optimization for Multigraph Matching: A Unified Approach.
- Entertainment and Immersive Content: What’s in store for your viewing pleasure.
- Binocular Suppression-Based Stereoscopic Video Coding by Joint Rate Control With KKT Conditions for a Hybrid Video Codec System.
- Overview of Measurement Methods for Factors Affecting the Human Visual System in 3D Displays.
Subscribe Our Youtube Channel
You can Watch all Subjects Matlab & Simulink latest Innovative Project Results
We want to support Uncompromise Matlab service for all your Requirements Our Reseachers and Technical team keep update the technology for all subjects ,We assure We Meet out Your Needs.
- Matlab Research Paper Help
- Matlab assignment help
- Matlab Project Help
- Matlab Homework Help
- Simulink assignment help
- Simulink Project Help
- Simulink Homework Help
- Matlab Research Paper Help
- NS3 Research Paper Help
- Omnet++ Research Paper Help
- Customised Matlab Assignments
- Global Assignment Knowledge
- Best Assignment Writers
- Certified Matlab Trainers
- Experienced Matlab Developers
- Over 400k+ Satisfied Students
- Ontime support
- Best Price Guarantee
- Plagiarism Free Work
- Correct Citations
Expert Matlab services just 1-click
Unlimited support we offer you
For better understanding purpose we provide following Materials for all Kind of Research & Assignment & Homework service.
- Result snapshot
- Video Tutorial
- Instructions Profile
- Sofware Install Guide
- Execution Guidance
- Implement Plan
Matlab projects innovators has laid our steps in all dimension related to math works.Our concern support matlab projects for more than 10 years.Many Research scholars are benefited by our matlab projects service.We are trusted institution who supplies matlab projects for many universities and colleges.
Reasons to choose Matlab Projects .org???
Our Service are widely utilized by Research centers.More than 5000+ Projects & Thesis has been provided by us to Students & Research Scholars. All current mathworks software versions are being updated by us.
Our concern has provided the required solution for all the above mention technical problems required by clients with best Customer Support.
- Novel Idea
- Ontime Delivery
- Best Prices
- Unique Work