Integrating Histologic and Proteomic Features for Cancer
In this work, we present a new methodology to facilitate prediction of recurrent prostate cancer (CaP) following radical prostatectomy (RP) via the integration of quantitative image features and protein expression in the excised prostate. Creating a fused predictor from high-dimensional data streams is challenging because the classifier must 1) account for the “curse of dimensionality” problem, which hinders classifier performance when the number of features exceeds the number of patient studies and 2) balance potential mismatches in the number of features across different channels to avoid classifier bias towards channels with more features. Our new data integration methodology, supervised Multi-view Canonical Correlation Analysis (sMVCCA), aims to integrate infinite views of highdimensional data to provide more amenable data representations for disease classification.
Additionally, we demonstrate sMVCCA using Spearman’s rank correlation which, unlike Pearson’s correlation, can account for nonlinear correlations and outliers. Forty CaP patients with pathological Gleason scores 6-8 were considered for this study. 21 of these men revealed biochemical recurrence (BCR) following RP, while 19 did not. For each patient, 189 quantitative histomorphometric attributes and 650 protein expression levels were extracted from the primary tumor nodule. The fused histomorphometric/proteomic representation via sMVCCA combined with a random forest classifier predicted BCR with a mean AUC of 0.74 and a maximum AUC of 0.9286. We found sMVCCA to perform statistically significantly (p <; 0.05) better than comparative state-of-the-art data fusion strategies for predicting BCR. Furthermore, Kaplan-Meier analysis demonstrated improved BCR-free survival prediction for the sMVCCA-fused classifier as compared to histology or proteomic features alone.
Related Matlab Projects:
- Joint Sparse Representation of Brain Activity Patterns in Multi-Task fMRI Data.
- Real-Time Electrical Impedance Variations in Women With and Without Breast Cancer.
- Combining Ordered Subsets and Momentum for Accelerated X-Ray CT Image Reconstruction.
- Relating Structural and Functional Connectivity in MRI: A Simple Model for a Complex Brain.
- Fluorescence Lifetime Imaging and Intravascular Ultrasound: Co-Registration Study Using Ex Vivo Human Coronaries.
- Reconstruction of 4-D Dynamic SPECT Images From Inconsistent Projections Using a Spline Initialized FADS Algorithm (SIFADS).
- Curvelet Based Contrast Enhancement in Fluoroscopic Sequences.
- Axially Extended-Volume C-Arm CT Using a Reverse Helical Trajectory in the Interventional Room.
- Direct 2-D Reconstructions of Conductivity and Permittivity From EIT Data on a Human Chest.
- Automated Segmentation of Breast in 3-D MR Images Using a Robust Atlas.
- COMMIT: Convex Optimization Modeling for Microstructure Informed Tractography.
- Free-Breathing Diffusion Tensor Imaging and Tractography of the Human Heart in Healthy Volunteers Using Wavelet-Based Image Fusion.
- Bayesian Blind Separation and Deconvolution of Dynamic Image Sequences Using Sparsity Priors.
- Accelerated Phase-Cycled SSFP Imaging With Compressed Sensing.
- Two-Tier Tissue Decomposition for Histopathological Image Representation and Classification.
- Probabilistic Sparse Matching for Robust 3D/3D Fusion in Minimally Invasive Surgery
- Validation of a Nonrigid Registration Error Detection Algorithm Using Clinical MRI Brain Data.
- Impedance Imaging With First-Order TV Regularization.
- PET Image Reconstruction Using Kernel Method.
Subscribe Our Youtube Channel
You can Watch all Subjects Matlab & Simulink latest Innovative Project Results
We want to support Uncompromise Matlab service for all your Requirements Our Reseachers and Technical team keep update the technology for all subjects ,We assure We Meet out Your Needs.
- Matlab Research Paper Help
- Matlab assignment help
- Matlab Project Help
- Matlab Homework Help
- Simulink assignment help
- Simulink Project Help
- Simulink Homework Help
- Matlab Research Paper Help
- NS3 Research Paper Help
- Omnet++ Research Paper Help
- Customised Matlab Assignments
- Global Assignment Knowledge
- Best Assignment Writers
- Certified Matlab Trainers
- Experienced Matlab Developers
- Over 400k+ Satisfied Students
- Ontime support
- Best Price Guarantee
- Plagiarism Free Work
- Correct Citations
Expert Matlab services just 1-click
Unlimited support we offer you
For better understanding purpose we provide following Materials for all Kind of Research & Assignment & Homework service.
- Result snapshot
- Video Tutorial
- Instructions Profile
- Sofware Install Guide
- Execution Guidance
- Implement Plan
Matlab projects innovators has laid our steps in all dimension related to math works.Our concern support matlab projects for more than 10 years.Many Research scholars are benefited by our matlab projects service.We are trusted institution who supplies matlab projects for many universities and colleges.
Reasons to choose Matlab Projects .org???
Our Service are widely utilized by Research centers.More than 5000+ Projects & Thesis has been provided by us to Students & Research Scholars. All current mathworks software versions are being updated by us.
Our concern has provided the required solution for all the above mention technical problems required by clients with best Customer Support.
- Novel Idea
- Ontime Delivery
- Best Prices
- Unique Work