Superpixel Segmentation for Polarimetric SAR Imagery
The simple linear iterative clustering (SLIC) algorithm shows good performance in superpixel generation for optical imagery. However, SLIC can perform poorly when there is too much noise in the image. To solve this problem, we have improved the cluster center initialization step and the postprocessing step, and then introduce the SLIC superpixel segmentation algorithm to the polarimetric synthetic aperture radar (PolSAR) image processing field.
Experiments using AirSAR and ESAR L-band PolSAR data show that the improved SLIC algorithm can overcome the effect of speckle noise in PolSAR imagery, and it shows a better performance in detail preservation than the original SLIC algorithm and the normalized cuts superpixel segmentation algorithm.
Related DIP Project Titles:
- A Fast Radial Scanned Near-Field 3-D SAR Imaging System and the Reconstruction Method.
- Extracting Man-Made Objects From High Spatial Resolution Remote Sensing Images via Fast Level Set Evolutions.
- A Self-Adaptive Wavelet-Based Algorithm for Wave Measurement Using Nautical Radar.
- Aircraft Recognition in High-Resolution Optical Satellite Remote Sensing Images.
- Analysis of Laser Speckle Contrast Images Variability Using a Novel Empirical Mode Decomposition: Comparison of Results With Laser Doppler Flowmetry Signals Variability.
- Vibration Spectrum Imaging: A Novel Bearing Fault Classification Approach.
- Median Filtered Image Quality Enhancement and Anti-Forensics via Variational Deconvolution.
- Stereoscopic Visualization and 3-D Technologies in Medical Endoscopic Teleoperation.
- A Methodology for Visually Lossless JPEG2000 Compression of Monochrome Stereo Images.
- Geometrically Consistent Stereoscopic Image Editing Using Patch-Based Synthesis.
- Quantitative Error Analysis of Bilateral Filtering.
- Consistency-Driven Alternating Optimization for Multigraph Matching: A Unified Approach.
- Entertainment and Immersive Content: What’s in store for your viewing pleasure.
- Binocular Suppression-Based Stereoscopic Video Coding by Joint Rate Control With KKT Conditions for a Hybrid Video Codec System.
- Overview of Measurement Methods for Factors Affecting the Human Visual System in 3D Displays.
- Improving the Spatial Resolution of Landsat TM/ETM+ Through Fusion With SPOT5 Images via Learning-Based Super-Resolution.
- Correcting Incompatible DN Values and Geometric Errors in Nighttime Lights Time-Series Images.
- Analysis of Interactions Among Two Tropical Depressions and Typhoons Tembin and Bolaven (2012) in Pacific Ocean by Using Satellite Cloud Images.
- Quantitative Aspects of Single-Molecule Microscopy: Information-theoretic analysis of single-molecule data.
- MTSAT-1R Visible Imager Point Spread Function Correction, Part II: Theory.
- A Fast Integral Image Computing Hardware Architecture With High Power and Area Efficiency.
- Active Contour-Based Cell Segmentation During Freezing and Its Application in Cryopreservation.
- A Novel Stability Quantification for Disk Laser Welding by Using Frequency Correlation Coefficient Between Multiple-Optics Signals.
- Validation of a Nonrigid Registration Error Detection Algorithm Using Clinical MRI Brain Data.