Stable Mean Shift Algorithm and Its Application
Segmentation of real-world remote sensing images is challenging because of the large size of those data, particularly for very high resolution imagery. However, a lot of high-level remote sensing methods rely on segmentation at some point and are therefore difficult to assess at full image scale, for real remote sensing applications. In this paper, we define a new property called stability of segmentation algorithms and demonstrate that piece- or tile-wise computation of a stable segmentation algorithm can be achieved with identical results with respect toprocessing the whole image at once.
We also derive a technique to empirically estimate the stability of a given segmentation algorithm and apply it to four different algorithms. Among those algorithms, the mean-shift algorithm is found to be quite unstable. We propose a modified version of this algorithm enforcing its stability and thus allowing for tile-wise computation with identical results. Finally, we present results of this method and discuss the various trends and applications.
Related Image Processing Project Titles:
- Breast Segmentation and Density Estimation in Breast MRI: A Fully Automatic Framework.
- Estimation of Sunlight Direction Using 3D Object Models.
- Spatial Response Matched Filter and Its Application in Radiometric Accuracy Improvement of FY 2 Satellite Thermal Infrared Band.
- Compressed Sensing of a Remote Sensing Image Based on the Priors of the Reference Image.
- Four Class Classification of Skin Lesions With Task Decomposition Strategy.
- A Learning Framework for Age Rank Estimation Based on Face Images With Scattering Transform.
- Microstructural characterization of the pia arachnoid complex using optical coherence tomography.
- Operational BRDF Effects Correction for Wide-Field-of-View Optical Scanners (BREFCOR).
- Influence of the Contact Opening Speed on DC Vacuum Arc.
- Precise Three Dimensional Stereo Localization of Corner Reflectors and Persistent Scatterers With TerraSAR-X.
- Quantifying Tidal Mud Flat Elevations From Fixed-Platform Long-Wave Infrared Imagery.
- Trigger Wave Asynchronous Cellular Logic Array for Fast Binary Image Processing.
- Image Processing for Identification of Sea-Ice Floes and the Floe Size Distributions.
- Hipacc: A Domain Specific Language and Compiler for Image Processing.
- Extraction of Energy Information From Analog Meters Using Image Processing.
- Efficient Learning of Image Super-resolution and Compression Artifact Removal with Semi local Gaussian Processes.
- Combining image processing and laser fault injections for characterizing a hardware AES.
- Image Processing and Analysis for Single Molecule Localization Microscopy: Computation for nanoscale imaging.
- Active Learning With Gaussian Process Classifier for Hyper spectral Image Classification.
- Deblurred Images Post-Processing by Poisson Warping.
- Terahertz Imaging Radar With Inverse Aperture Synthesis Techniques: System Structure, Signal Processing, and Experiment Results.
- Colloidal Quantum Dot-Based Light Emitting Diodes With Solution Processed Electron Transporting Layer for Cellular Imaging.
- Image Pair Analysis With Matrix Value Operator.
- Online High Precision Probabilistic Localization of Robotic Fish Using Visual and Inertial Cues.