Cloud Classification of Whole Sky Ground Based Images
Clouds are one of the most important meteorological phenomena affecting the Earth radiation balance. The increasing development of whole-sky images enables temporal and spatial high-resolution sky observations and provides the possibility to understand and quantify cloud effects more accurately. In this letter, an attempt has been made to examine the machine learning [multilayer perceptron (MLP) neuralnetworks and support vector machine (SVM)] capabilities for automatic cloud detection in whole-sky images.
The approaches have been tested on a significant number of whole-sky images (containing a variety of cloud overages in different seasons and at different daytimes) from Vigna di Valle and Tor Vergata test sites, located near Rome. The pixel values of red, green, and blue bands of the images have been used as inputs of the mentioned models, while the outputs provided classified pixels in terms of cloud coverage or others (cloud-free pixels and sun). For the test data set, the overall accuracies of 95.07%, with a standard deviation of 3.37, and 93.66%, with a standard deviation of 4.45, have been obtained from MLP neural networks and SVM models, respectively. Although the two approaches generally generate similar accuracies, the MLP neural networks gave a better performance in some specific cases where the SVM generates poor accuracy.
Related Image Processing Projects Titles:
- Identification of Insulation Defects Based on Chaotic Analysis of Partial Discharge in HVDC Superconducting Cable.
- A Learning Algorithm for Bayesian Networks and Its Efficient Implementation on GPU.
- A Regression Approach to Speech Enhancement Based on Deep Neural Networks.
- Ambient assisted living communications.
- Dynamic Adjustment of Hidden Node Parameters for Extreme Learning Machine.
- Actor–Critic-Based Optimal Tracking for Partially Unknown Nonlinear Discrete-Time Systems.
- Noise Level Estimation for Model Selection in Kernel PCA Denoising.
- Secure MISO Wiretap Channels With Multiantenna Passive Eavesdropper: Artificial Noise vs. Artificial Fast Fading.
- Is Extreme Learning Machine Feasible? A Theoretical Assessment.
We want to support Uncompromise Matlab service for all your Requirements Our Reseachers and Technical team keep update the technology for all subjects ,We assure We Meet out Your Needs.
- Matlab Research Paper Help
- Matlab assignment help
- Matlab Project Help
- Matlab Homework Help
- Simulink assignment help
- Simulink Project Help
- Simulink Homework Help
- Matlab Research Paper Help
- NS3 Research Paper Help
- Omnet++ Research Paper Help
- Customised Matlab Assignments
- Global Assignment Knowledge
- Best Assignment Writers
- Certified Matlab Trainers
- Experienced Matlab Developers
- Over 400k+ Satisfied Students
- Ontime support
- Best Price Guarantee
- Plagiarism Free Work
- Correct Citations
Unlimited support we offer you
For better understanding purpose we provide following Materials for all Kind of Research & Assignment & Homework service.
- Result snapshot
- Video Tutorial
- Instructions Profile
- Sofware Install Guide
- Execution Guidance
- Implement Plan
Matlab projects innovators has laid our steps in all dimension related to math works.Our concern support matlab projects for more than 10 years.Many Research scholars are benefited by our matlab projects service.We are trusted institution who supplies matlab projects for many universities and colleges.
Reasons to choose Matlab Projects .org???
Our Service are widely utilized by Research centers.More than 5000+ Projects & Thesis has been provided by us to Students & Research Scholars. All current mathworks software versions are being updated by us.
Our concern has provided the required solution for all the above mention technical problems required by clients with best Customer Support.
- Novel Idea
- Ontime Delivery
- Best Prices
- Unique Work