Topology With Active Mode Voltage Suppression
A fault-tolerant adjustable speed drive (ASD) topology is introduced in this paper. A conventional ASD topology is modified to address: 1) drive vulnerability to semiconductor device faults; 2) input voltage sags; 3) motor vulnerability to effects of long leads; and 4) minimization of common-mode (CM) voltage applied to the motor terminals. These objectives are attained by inclusion of an auxiliary IGBT inverter leg, three auxiliary diodes, and isolation-reconfiguration circuit. The design and operation of the proposed topology modifications are described for different modes: 1) fault mode, 2) active CM suppression mode, and 3) auxiliary sag compensation (ASC) mode. In case of fault and sag, the isolation and hardware reconfiguration are performed in a controlled manner using triacs/antiparallel thyristors. In normal operation, the auxiliary leg is controlled to actively suppress CM voltage.
For inverter IGBT failures (short circuit and open circuit), the auxiliary leg is used as a redundant leg. During voltage sags, the auxiliary leg, along with auxiliary diodes, is operated as a boost converter. A current-shaping control strategy is proposed for the ASC mode. A detailed analysis of CM performance of the proposed topology is provided, and a new figure of merit, CM distortion ratio (CMDR), is introduced to compare the attenuation of CM voltage with that of a conventional ASD topology. The output filter design procedure is outlined. A design example is presented for an 80 kW ASD system, and simulation results validate the proposed auxiliary leg based fault-tolerant scheme. Experimental results from a scaled prototype rated at 1 hp are discussed in this paper.
Related Communication System Projects Titles:
- Enabling High-Frequency High-Efficiency Non-Isolated Boost Converters with Quasi-Square-Wave Zero-Voltage Switching and On-Chip Dynamic Dead-Time Controlled Synchronous Gate Drive.
- A Level-Increased Nearest Level Modulation Method for Modular Multilevel Converters.
- A High-Frequency Model for a PCM Buck Converter.
- Modeling and Control of Series–Series Compensated Inductive Power Transfer System.
- Bidirectional PWM Converter Integrating Cell Voltage Equalizer Using Series-Resonant Voltage Multiplier for Series-Connected Energy Storage Cells.
- Impedance-Source Networks for Electric Power Conversion Part II: Review of Control and Modulation Techniques.
- High Step-Up Converter With Three-Winding Coupled Inductor for Fuel Cell Energy Source Applications.
- Elimination of Mutual Flux Effect on Rotor Position Estimation of Switched Reluctance Motor Drives Considering Magnetic Saturation.
- Analysis and Parameter Optimization of Start-up Process for LLC Resonant Converter.
We want to support Uncompromise Matlab service for all your Requirements Our Reseachers and Technical team keep update the technology for all subjects ,We assure We Meet out Your Needs.
- Matlab Research Paper Help
- Matlab assignment help
- Matlab Project Help
- Matlab Homework Help
- Simulink assignment help
- Simulink Project Help
- Simulink Homework Help
- Matlab Research Paper Help
- NS3 Research Paper Help
- Omnet++ Research Paper Help
- Customised Matlab Assignments
- Global Assignment Knowledge
- Best Assignment Writers
- Certified Matlab Trainers
- Experienced Matlab Developers
- Over 400k+ Satisfied Students
- Ontime support
- Best Price Guarantee
- Plagiarism Free Work
- Correct Citations
Unlimited support we offer you
For better understanding purpose we provide following Materials for all Kind of Research & Assignment & Homework service.
- Result snapshot
- Video Tutorial
- Instructions Profile
- Sofware Install Guide
- Execution Guidance
- Implement Plan
Matlab projects innovators has laid our steps in all dimension related to math works.Our concern support matlab projects for more than 10 years.Many Research scholars are benefited by our matlab projects service.We are trusted institution who supplies matlab projects for many universities and colleges.
Reasons to choose Matlab Projects .org???
Our Service are widely utilized by Research centers.More than 5000+ Projects & Thesis has been provided by us to Students & Research Scholars. All current mathworks software versions are being updated by us.
Our concern has provided the required solution for all the above mention technical problems required by clients with best Customer Support.
- Novel Idea
- Ontime Delivery
- Best Prices
- Unique Work