Resource Inflated Denial of Service Attacks
Denial-of-service (DoS) and distributed DoS (DDoS) are among the major threats to cyber-security, and client puzzle, which demands a client to perform computationally expensive operations before being granted services from a server, is a well-known countermeasure to them. However, an attacker can inflate its capability of DoS/DDoS attacks with fast puzzle-solving software and/or built-in graphics processing unit (GPU) hardware to significantly weaken the effectiveness of client puzzles. In this paper, we study how to prevent DoS/DDoS attackers from inflating their puzzle-solving capabilities.
To this end, we introduce a new client puzzle referred to as software puzzle. Unlike the existing client puzzle schemes, which publish their puzzle algorithms in advance, a puzzle algorithm in the present software puzzle scheme is randomly generated only after a client request is received at the server side and the algorithm is generated such that: 1) an attacker is unable to prepare an implementation to solve the puzzle in advance and 2) the attacker needs considerable effort in translating a central processing unit puzzle software to its functionally equivalent GPU version such that the translation cannot be done in real time. Moreover, we show how to implement software puzzle in the generic server-browser model.
Similar IEEE Project Titles:
- Fault Attacks on STRNGs: Impact of Glitches, Temperature, and Underpowering on Randomness.
- A Framework for Secure Computations With Two Non-Colluding Servers and Multiple Clients, Applied to Recommendations.
- VProof: Lightweight Privacy-Preserving Vehicle Location Proofs.
- New Parallel Approaches for Scalar Multiplication in Elliptic Curve over Fields of Small Characteristic.
- A Proxy Identifier Based on Patterns in Traffic Flows.
- Secure Spatial Top-k Query Processing via Untrusted Location-Based Service Providers.
- High-Throughput Low-Complexity Systolic Montgomery Multiplication Over GF(2^m) based on Trinomials.
- Space-efficient Verifiable Secret Sharing Using Polynomial Interpolation.
- Spatial Mode Side Channels in Free-Space QKD Implementations.
- Postprocessing of the Oblivious Key in Quantum Private Query.
- New Regular Radix-8 Scheme for Elliptic Curve Scalar Multiplication without Pre-Computation.
- Automatic Application of Power Analysis Countermeasures.
- Security Considerations in Minutiae-based Fuzzy Vaults.
- Collusion-Tolerable Privacy-Preserving Sum and Product Calculation without Secure Channel.
- Weaving an Assurance Case from Design: A Model-Based Approach.
- Compressing Sets and Multisets of Sequences.
- Authentication protocol for an ambient assisted living system.Security for the Internet of Things: A Survey of Existing Protocols and Open Research issues.
- Maximum Information Release While Ensuring Opacity in Discrete Event Systems.
We want to support Uncompromise Matlab service for all your Requirements Our Reseachers and Technical team keep update the technology for all subjects ,We assure We Meet out Your Needs.
- Matlab Research Paper Help
- Matlab assignment help
- Matlab Project Help
- Matlab Homework Help
- Simulink assignment help
- Simulink Project Help
- Simulink Homework Help
- Matlab Research Paper Help
- NS3 Research Paper Help
- Omnet++ Research Paper Help
- Customised Matlab Assignments
- Global Assignment Knowledge
- Best Assignment Writers
- Certified Matlab Trainers
- Experienced Matlab Developers
- Over 400k+ Satisfied Students
- Ontime support
- Best Price Guarantee
- Plagiarism Free Work
- Correct Citations
Unlimited support we offer you
For better understanding purpose we provide following Materials for all Kind of Research & Assignment & Homework service.
- Result snapshot
- Video Tutorial
- Instructions Profile
- Sofware Install Guide
- Execution Guidance
- Implement Plan
Matlab projects innovators has laid our steps in all dimension related to math works.Our concern support matlab projects for more than 10 years.Many Research scholars are benefited by our matlab projects service.We are trusted institution who supplies matlab projects for many universities and colleges.
Reasons to choose Matlab Projects .org???
Our Service are widely utilized by Research centers.More than 5000+ Projects & Thesis has been provided by us to Students & Research Scholars. All current mathworks software versions are being updated by us.
Our concern has provided the required solution for all the above mention technical problems required by clients with best Customer Support.
- Novel Idea
- Ontime Delivery
- Best Prices
- Unique Work