PET System to Reduce Random and Scatter Coincidences
For small animal positron emission tomography (PET) research using high radioactivity, such as dynamic studies, the resulting high random coincidence rate of the system degrades image quality. The random coincidence rate is increased not only by the gamma photons from inside the axial-field-of-view (axial-FOV) of the PET system but also by those from outside the axial-FOV. For brain imaging in small animal studies, significant interference is observed from gamma photons emitted from the body. Single gamma photons from the body enter the axial-FOV and increase the random and scatter coincidences. Shielding against the gamma photons from outside the axial-FOV would improve the imagequality. For this purpose, we developed a body shield for a small animal PET system, the microPET Primate 4-ring system, and evaluated its performance. The body shield is made of 9-mm-thick lead and it surrounds most of a rat’s body. We evaluated the effectiveness of the body shield using a head phantom and a body phantom with a radioactivity concentration ratio of 1:2 and a maximum total activity of approximately 250 MBq.
The random coincidence rate was dramatically decreased to ~1/10, and the noise equivalent count rate (NECR) was increased ~6 times with an activity of 7 MBq in the head phantom. The true count rate was increased to ~35% due to the decrease in system deadtime. The average scatter fraction was decreased to 1/2.5 with the body shield. Count rate measurements of rat were also conducted with an injection activity of approximately 25 MBq of [C-11]N,N-dimethyl-2-(2-amino-4-cyanophenylthio) benzylamine ([C-11]DASB) and approximately 70 and 310 MBq of 2-deoxy-2-(F-18)fluoro-D-glucose ([F-18]FDG). Using the body shield, [F-18]FDG images of rats were improved by increasing the amount of radioactivity injected. The body shield designed for small animal PET systems is a promising tool for improving imagequality and quantitation accuracy in sm- ll animal molecular imagingresearch.
Related Simulink Projects Titles:
- MEMS based Medical Endomicroscopes.
- Higher-Order-Statistics-Based Fractal Dimension for Noisy Bowel Sound Detection.
- An Endorectal Ultrasound Probe Comanipulator With Hybrid Actuation Combining Brakes and Motors.
- Sparse Signal Recovery from a Mixture of Linear and Magnitude-Only Measurements.
- Studying Magneto-Induced Iodine Sorption at Dielectric Surface.
- Binocular Suppression-Based Stereoscopic Video Coding by Joint Rate Control With KKT Conditions for a Hybrid Video Codec System.
- The Validity and Reliability of a Hybrid Reality Simulator for Wire Navigation in Orthopedic Surgery.
- A 4.9 mO-Sensitivity Mobile Electrical Impedance Tomography IC for Early Breast-Cancer Detection System.
- Modeling and Validation of Microwave Ablations With Internal Vaporization.
We want to support Uncompromise Matlab service for all your Requirements Our Reseachers and Technical team keep update the technology for all subjects ,We assure We Meet out Your Needs.
- Matlab Research Paper Help
- Matlab assignment help
- Matlab Project Help
- Matlab Homework Help
- Simulink assignment help
- Simulink Project Help
- Simulink Homework Help
- Matlab Research Paper Help
- NS3 Research Paper Help
- Omnet++ Research Paper Help
- Customised Matlab Assignments
- Global Assignment Knowledge
- Best Assignment Writers
- Certified Matlab Trainers
- Experienced Matlab Developers
- Over 400k+ Satisfied Students
- Ontime support
- Best Price Guarantee
- Plagiarism Free Work
- Correct Citations
Unlimited support we offer you
For better understanding purpose we provide following Materials for all Kind of Research & Assignment & Homework service.
- Result snapshot
- Video Tutorial
- Instructions Profile
- Sofware Install Guide
- Execution Guidance
- Implement Plan
Matlab projects innovators has laid our steps in all dimension related to math works.Our concern support matlab projects for more than 10 years.Many Research scholars are benefited by our matlab projects service.We are trusted institution who supplies matlab projects for many universities and colleges.
Reasons to choose Matlab Projects .org???
Our Service are widely utilized by Research centers.More than 5000+ Projects & Thesis has been provided by us to Students & Research Scholars. All current mathworks software versions are being updated by us.
Our concern has provided the required solution for all the above mention technical problems required by clients with best Customer Support.
- Novel Idea
- Ontime Delivery
- Best Prices
- Unique Work