Macrolesions Induced by Myocardial Cavitation Therapy
Intermittent high intensity ultrasound pulses with circulating contrast agent microbubbles can induce scattered cavitation caused myocardial microlesions of potential value for tissue reduction therapy. Here, computer-aided histological evaluation of the effective treated volume was implemented to optimize ultrasound pulse parameters, exposure duration, and contrast agent dose. Rats were treated with 1.5 MHz focused ultrasound bursts and Evans blue staining indicates lethal cardiomyocytic injury. Each heart was sectioned to provide samples covering the entire exposed myocardial volume. Both brightfield and fluorescence images were taken for up to 40 tissue sections. Tissue identification and microlesion detection were first done based on 2-Dimages to form microlesion masks containing the outline of the heart and the stained cell regions. Image registration was then performed on the microlesion masks to reconstruct a volume-based model according to the morphology of the heart.
The therapeutic beam path was estimated from the 3-D stacked microlesions, and finally the total microlesion volume, here termed macrolesion, was characterized along the therapeutic beam axis. Radially symmetric fractional macrolesions were characterized via stepping disks of variable radius determined by the local distribution of microlesions. Treated groups showed significant macrolesions of a median volume of 87.3 μL, 2.7 mm radius, 4.8 mm length, and 14.0% lesion density compared to zero radius, length, and lesion density for sham. The proposed radially symmetric lesion model is a robust evaluation for myocardial cavitation-enabled therapy. Future work will include validating the proposed method with varying acoustic exposures and optimizing involved parameters to provide macrolesion characterization.
Related Matlab Projects:
- Improved Variational Denoising of Flow Fields with Application to Phase-Contrast MRI Data.
- Analytical phase-tracking-based strain estimation for ultrasound elasticity.
- Compressed Sensing MRI via Two-stage Reconstruction.
- Exploring Brushlet Based 3D Textures in Transfer Function Specification for Direct Volume Rendering of Abdominal Organs.
- Exploring Robust Diagnostic Signatures for Cutaneous Melanoma Utilizing Genetic and Imaging Data.
- Smartphone-Based Wound Assessment System for Patients With Diabetes.
- A Fast Parallel Solver for the Forward Problem in Electrical Impedance Tomography.
- Four-Class Classification of Skin Lesions With Task Decomposition Strategy.
- Exact Surface Registration of Retinal Surfaces From 3-D Optical Coherence Tomography Images.
- Multi-frequency intravascular ultrasound (IVUS) imaging.
- Cardiac Fiber Unfolding by Semidefinite Programming.
- Multiple Hypotheses Image Segmentation and Classification With Application to Dietary Assessment.
- Stereoscopic Visualization and 3-D Technologies in Medical Endoscopic Teleoperation.
- A Dielectric Model of Human Breast Tissue in Terahertz Regime.
- Aerial Obstacle Detection With 3-D Mobile Devices.
- High-Resolution Mesoscopic Fluorescence Molecular Tomography Based on Compressive Sensing.
- Progress Toward a Deployable SQUID-Based Ultra-Low Field MRI System for Anatomical Imaging.
- Snakes on a Plane: A perfect snap for bioimage analysis.
- Dynamic Low-Level Context for the Detection of Mild Traumatic Brain Injury.
We want to support Uncompromise Matlab service for all your Requirements Our Reseachers and Technical team keep update the technology for all subjects ,We assure We Meet out Your Needs.
- Matlab Research Paper Help
- Matlab assignment help
- Matlab Project Help
- Matlab Homework Help
- Simulink assignment help
- Simulink Project Help
- Simulink Homework Help
- Matlab Research Paper Help
- NS3 Research Paper Help
- Omnet++ Research Paper Help
- Customised Matlab Assignments
- Global Assignment Knowledge
- Best Assignment Writers
- Certified Matlab Trainers
- Experienced Matlab Developers
- Over 400k+ Satisfied Students
- Ontime support
- Best Price Guarantee
- Plagiarism Free Work
- Correct Citations
Unlimited support we offer you
For better understanding purpose we provide following Materials for all Kind of Research & Assignment & Homework service.
- Result snapshot
- Video Tutorial
- Instructions Profile
- Sofware Install Guide
- Execution Guidance
- Implement Plan
Matlab projects innovators has laid our steps in all dimension related to math works.Our concern support matlab projects for more than 10 years.Many Research scholars are benefited by our matlab projects service.We are trusted institution who supplies matlab projects for many universities and colleges.
Reasons to choose Matlab Projects .org???
Our Service are widely utilized by Research centers.More than 5000+ Projects & Thesis has been provided by us to Students & Research Scholars. All current mathworks software versions are being updated by us.
Our concern has provided the required solution for all the above mention technical problems required by clients with best Customer Support.
- Novel Idea
- Ontime Delivery
- Best Prices
- Unique Work