Likelihood Reconstruction With Poisson Distribution
Positron emission tomography data are typically reconstructed with maximum likelihood expectation maximization (MLEM). However, MLEM suffers from positive bias due to the non-negativity constraint. This is particularly problematic for tracer kinetic modeling. Two reconstruction methods with bias reduction properties that do not use strict Poisson optimization are presented and compared to each other, to filtered backprojection (FBP), and to MLEM. The first method is an extension of NEGML, where the Poisson distribution is replaced by a Gaussian distribution for low count data points. The transition point between the Gaussian and the Poisson regime is a parameter of the model. The second method is a simplification of ABML.
ABML has a lower and upper bound for the reconstructed image whereas AML has the upper bound set to infinity. AML uses a negative lower bound to obtain bias reduction properties. Different choices of the lower bound are studied. The parameter of both algorithms determines the effectiveness of the bias reduction and should be chosen large enough to ensure bias-freeimages. This means that both algorithms become more similar to least squares algorithms, which turned out to be necessary to obtain bias-free reconstructions. This comes at the cost of increased variance. Nevertheless, NEGML and AML have lower variance than FBP. Furthermore, randoms handling has a large influence on the bias. Reconstruction with smoothed randoms results in lower bias compared to reconstruction with unsmoothed randoms or randoms precorrected data. However, NEGML and AML yield both bias-free images for large values of their parameter.
Related Matlab Project Titles:
- Geometry-Information-Aided Efficient Motion Parameter Estimation for Moving-Target Imaging and Location.
- Discriminative Clustering and Feature Selection for Brain MRI Segmentation.
- Extended Random Walker-Based Classification of Hyperspectral Images.
- Fusion of MS and PAN Images Preserving Spectral Quality.
- Paddy-Rice Monitoring Using TanDEM-X.
- An Antinoise Method for Hyperspectral Unmixing.
- An Improved Nonlocal Sparse Unmixing Algorithm for Hyperspectral Imagery.
- A Three-Component Fisher-Based Feature Weighting Method for Supervised PolSAR Image Classification.
- An Abundance Characteristic-Based Independent Component Analysis for Hyperspectral Unmixing.
We want to support Uncompromise Matlab service for all your Requirements Our Reseachers and Technical team keep update the technology for all subjects ,We assure We Meet out Your Needs.
- Matlab Research Paper Help
- Matlab assignment help
- Matlab Project Help
- Matlab Homework Help
- Simulink assignment help
- Simulink Project Help
- Simulink Homework Help
- Matlab Research Paper Help
- NS3 Research Paper Help
- Omnet++ Research Paper Help
- Customised Matlab Assignments
- Global Assignment Knowledge
- Best Assignment Writers
- Certified Matlab Trainers
- Experienced Matlab Developers
- Over 400k+ Satisfied Students
- Ontime support
- Best Price Guarantee
- Plagiarism Free Work
- Correct Citations
Unlimited support we offer you
For better understanding purpose we provide following Materials for all Kind of Research & Assignment & Homework service.
- Result snapshot
- Video Tutorial
- Instructions Profile
- Sofware Install Guide
- Execution Guidance
- Implement Plan
Matlab projects innovators has laid our steps in all dimension related to math works.Our concern support matlab projects for more than 10 years.Many Research scholars are benefited by our matlab projects service.We are trusted institution who supplies matlab projects for many universities and colleges.
Reasons to choose Matlab Projects .org???
Our Service are widely utilized by Research centers.More than 5000+ Projects & Thesis has been provided by us to Students & Research Scholars. All current mathworks software versions are being updated by us.
Our concern has provided the required solution for all the above mention technical problems required by clients with best Customer Support.
- Novel Idea
- Ontime Delivery
- Best Prices
- Unique Work