Imaging and Tractography of Heart By Image Fusion
Free-breathing cardiac diffusion tensor imaging (DTI) is a promising but challenging technique for the study of fiber structures of the human heart in vivo. This work proposes a clinically compatible and robust technique to provide three-dimensional (3-D) fiber architecture properties of the human heart. To this end, 10 short-axis slices were acquired across the entire heart using a multiple shifted trigger delay (TD) strategy under free breathing conditions. Interscan motion was first corrected automatically using a nonrigid registration method. Then, two post-processing schemes were optimized and compared: an algorithm based on principal component analysis (PCA) filtering and temporal maximum intensity projection (TMIP), and an algorithm that uses the wavelet-based imagefusion (WIF) method. The two methods were applied to the registered diffusion-weighted (DW) images to cope with intrascan motion-induced signal loss.
The tensor fields were finally calculated, from which fractional anisotropy (FA), mean diffusivity (MD), and 3-D fiber tracts were derived and compared. The results show that the comparison of the FA values (FAPCATMIP = 0.45 ±0.10, FAWIF = 0.42 ±0.05, P=0.06) showed no significant difference, while the MD values ( MDPCATMIP=0.83 ±0.12×10-3 mm2/s, MDWIF=0.74±0.05×10-3 mm2/s, P=0.028) were significantly different. Improved helix angle variations through the myocardium wall reflecting the rotation characteristic of cardiac fibers were observed with WIF. This study demonstrates that the combination of multiple shifted TD acquisitions and dedicated post-processing makes it feasible to retrieve in vivo cardiac tractographies from free-breathing DTI acquisitions. The substantial improvements were observed using the WIF method instead of the previously published PCATMIP technique.
Related Digital Image Processing Titles:
- Multi-Scale Tubular Structure Detection in Ultrasound Imaging.
- Projection-Based Polygonality Measurement.
- Detail-Preserving Smoothing Classifier Based on Conditional Random Fields for High Spatial Resolution Remote Sensing Imagery.
- Anisotropic Diffusion Filter With Memory Based on Speckle Statistics for Ultrasound Images.
- Collaborative Active and Semisupervised Learning for Hyperspectral Remote Sensing Image Classification.
- Exploring Brushlet Based 3D Textures in Transfer Function Specification for Direct Volume Rendering of Abdominal Organs.
- Optical-Driven Nonlocal SAR Despeckling.
- Spectral–Spatial Classification of Hyperspectral Data via Morphological Component Analysis-Based Image Separation.
- A Novel Method for Measuring Landscape Heterogeneity Changes.
- Signal Processing Challenges in Quantitative 3-D Cell Morphology: More than meets the eye.
- A New Framework for SAR Multitemporal Data RGB Representation: Rationale and Products.
- Super-Resolution of Hyperspectral Images: Use of Optimum Wavelet Filter Coefficients and Sparsity Regularization.
- Constrained Least Squares Algorithms for Nonlinear Unmixing of Hyperspectral Imagery.
- Toward a Morphodynamic Model of the Cell: Signal processing for cell modeling.
- OdoCapsule: Next-Generation Wireless Capsule Endoscopy With Accurate Lesion Localization and Video Stabilization Capabilities.
- Change Detection Based on Pulse-Coupled Neural Networks and the NMI Feature for High Spatial Resolution Remote Sensing Imagery.
- NL-SAR: A Unified Nonlocal Framework for Resolution-Preserving (Pol)(In)SAR Denoising.
- Contextual and Hierarchical Classification of Satellite Images Based on Cellular Automata.
- FSPE: Visualization of Hyperspectral Imagery Using Faithful Stochastic Proximity Embedding.
We want to support Uncompromise Matlab service for all your Requirements Our Reseachers and Technical team keep update the technology for all subjects ,We assure We Meet out Your Needs.
- Matlab Research Paper Help
- Matlab assignment help
- Matlab Project Help
- Matlab Homework Help
- Simulink assignment help
- Simulink Project Help
- Simulink Homework Help
- Matlab Research Paper Help
- NS3 Research Paper Help
- Omnet++ Research Paper Help
- Customised Matlab Assignments
- Global Assignment Knowledge
- Best Assignment Writers
- Certified Matlab Trainers
- Experienced Matlab Developers
- Over 400k+ Satisfied Students
- Ontime support
- Best Price Guarantee
- Plagiarism Free Work
- Correct Citations
Unlimited support we offer you
For better understanding purpose we provide following Materials for all Kind of Research & Assignment & Homework service.
- Result snapshot
- Video Tutorial
- Instructions Profile
- Sofware Install Guide
- Execution Guidance
- Implement Plan
Matlab projects innovators has laid our steps in all dimension related to math works.Our concern support matlab projects for more than 10 years.Many Research scholars are benefited by our matlab projects service.We are trusted institution who supplies matlab projects for many universities and colleges.
Reasons to choose Matlab Projects .org???
Our Service are widely utilized by Research centers.More than 5000+ Projects & Thesis has been provided by us to Students & Research Scholars. All current mathworks software versions are being updated by us.
Our concern has provided the required solution for all the above mention technical problems required by clients with best Customer Support.
- Novel Idea
- Ontime Delivery
- Best Prices
- Unique Work