Wave Parameter Estimates From C Band ScanSAR Images
Because of their large swath widths of about 400-500 km, the ScanSAR modes of RADARSAT-1 and -2 and of the Advanced SAR (ASAR) system on Envisat have been the preferred modes of operation for hurricane and typhoon observations and similar applications. While C-band ScanSARimages have been demonstrated to be well suitable for wind retrievals, ocean wave retrievals are a more challenging problem: Because of the limited spatial resolution of 100 m (RADARSAT)/150 m (Envisat), only long waves can get imaged directly, and many images of tropical storm scenarios do not exhibit clear signatures of any waves in large areas. The interpretation of wave patterns that exist in an image is difficult because of the imaging mechanism’s nonlinearities.
We think we have found a promising new technique for wave parameter retrievals from C-band ScanSAR images, which determines peak wavelengths and directions from image spectra where possible but uses an empirically determined relation to estimate significant wave heights (SWHs) from local meanimage intensities, which is similar to the method used for wind retrievals. This way, it is possible to obtain SWH estimates for the entire image and to account for the contributions of subresolution-scale waves. We explain how the algorithm works and how the empirical SWH model function has been determined from a set of hurricane images from RADARSAT-1 and reference wave spectra from a numerical wave model. The first independent test with a set of RADARSAT-2 and Envisat images from the 2010 Impact of Typhoons on the Ocean in the Pacific (ITOP) experiment reveals a few weaknesses but essentially confirms the feasibility of the concept.
Related Matlab Project Titles:
- Development of HEATHER for Cochlear Implant Stimulation Using a New Modeling Workflow.
- Analysis of Oblique Aerial Images for Land Cover and Point Cloud Classification in an Urban Environment.
- Condition of Optical Systems Independent of Frequency for Wide Field-of-View Radio Telescopes.
- A Technique for Simultaneous Visualization and Segmentation of Hyperspectral Data.
- Extraction of Vehicle Groups in Airborne Lidar Point Clouds With Two-Level Point Processes.
- Subspace-Based Support Vector Machines for Hyperspectral Image Classification.
- A New Total Body Scanning System for Automatic Change Detection in Multiple Pigmented Skin Lesions.
- Reconstructing MODIS LST Based on Multitemporal Classification and Robust Regression.
- A Robust Delaunay Triangulation Matching for Multispectral/Multidate Remote Sensing Image Registration.
- Improved Goldstein SAR Interferogram Filter Based on Adaptive-Neighborhood Technique.
- Square monopole antenna for microwave imaging, design and characterisation.
- Tractography From HARDI Using an Intrinsic Unscented Kalman Filter.
- A Novel Point-Matching Algorithm Based on Fast Sample Consensus for Image Registration.
We want to support Uncompromise Matlab service for all your Requirements Our Reseachers and Technical team keep update the technology for all subjects ,We assure We Meet out Your Needs.
- Matlab Research Paper Help
- Matlab assignment help
- Matlab Project Help
- Matlab Homework Help
- Simulink assignment help
- Simulink Project Help
- Simulink Homework Help
- Matlab Research Paper Help
- NS3 Research Paper Help
- Omnet++ Research Paper Help
- Customised Matlab Assignments
- Global Assignment Knowledge
- Best Assignment Writers
- Certified Matlab Trainers
- Experienced Matlab Developers
- Over 400k+ Satisfied Students
- Ontime support
- Best Price Guarantee
- Plagiarism Free Work
- Correct Citations
Unlimited support we offer you
For better understanding purpose we provide following Materials for all Kind of Research & Assignment & Homework service.
- Result snapshot
- Video Tutorial
- Instructions Profile
- Sofware Install Guide
- Execution Guidance
- Implement Plan
Matlab projects innovators has laid our steps in all dimension related to math works.Our concern support matlab projects for more than 10 years.Many Research scholars are benefited by our matlab projects service.We are trusted institution who supplies matlab projects for many universities and colleges.
Reasons to choose Matlab Projects .org???
Our Service are widely utilized by Research centers.More than 5000+ Projects & Thesis has been provided by us to Students & Research Scholars. All current mathworks software versions are being updated by us.
Our concern has provided the required solution for all the above mention technical problems required by clients with best Customer Support.
- Novel Idea
- Ontime Delivery
- Best Prices
- Unique Work