SM Estimation Under Tropical Forests Using UHF
In this paper, we report on the performance of a semiempirical algorithmfor the retrieval of soil moisture (SM) under dense tropical forests using ultrahigh frequency (UHF) polarimetric synthetic aperture radar (SAR) data. The algorithm is a simplification of a 3-D coherent model of forest canopy based on the distorted Born approximation (DBA). The simplified model reduces the number of parameters and preserves the three dominant scattering mechanisms of volume, volume-surface, and surface for three polarized backscattering coefficients, i.e., σHH, σHV, and σVV, at UHF frequencies. The inversion process uses the Levenberg-Marquardt nonlinear least squares method to estimate the three model parameters: vegetation aboveground biomass, integrated SM up to a certain depth, and surface roughness. The performance of the inversion process is examined by first using simulation data where the initial values of the inversion process vary randomly and then using airborne UHF SAR data acquired in Costa Rica over La Selva Biological Station. The results with simulated data show that the inversion process is not significantly sensitive to initial values considering they are in the range of ±50% of the true value. A root-mean-square error (RMSE) of less than 4% can be achieved in retrieving the SM.
The use of an alternate inversion approach without initial conditions using a genetic algorithm is less efficient (> 120 times longer time) and produces larger error with simulated data (RMSE = 11%) than the Levenberg-Marquardt estimation method. The inversion model simultaneously produces a biomass and SM distribution at 100-m spatial resolution. The RMSE of biomass estimation is 38 Mg/ha (15% relative error) when compared with 28 field plots. Over the plots where SM ground measurements are available, but not at the exact same day as the radar flight occurred, the total volumetric RMSE is 13.6%. However, only two gr- und measurements were very close to the flight day (three days apart), and for those, the SM estimate has about 3% absolute volumetric error. At the P-band, the SM sensing depth is inversely correlated with the SM allowing to map the spatial variations of SM close to the average root zone or hydrological active horizon of soils in tropical ecosystems.
Related Image Processing Projects Titles:
- Orthogonal Multiobjective Chemical Reaction Optimization Approach for the Brushless DC Motor Design.
- Just-in-Time Code Offloading for Wearable Computing.
- Simultaneous Reconfiguration, Optimal Placement of DSTATCOM, and Photovoltaic Array in a Distribution System Based on Fuzzy-ACO Approach.
- Reactive Resource Provisioning Heuristics for Dynamic Dataflows on Cloud Infrastructure.
- A Hyperheuristic Approach for Intercell Scheduling With Single Processing Machines and Batch Processing Machines.
- Position Offset-Based Parameter Estimation for Permanent Magnet Synchronous Machines Under Variable Speed Control.
- Multiobjective Design Optimization of IGBT Power Modules Considering Power Cycling and Thermal Cycling.
- Automatic Contour-Based Road Network Design for Optimized Wind Farm Micrositing.
- Automatic Programming via Iterated Local Search for Dynamic Job Shop Scheduling.
We want to support Uncompromise Matlab service for all your Requirements Our Reseachers and Technical team keep update the technology for all subjects ,We assure We Meet out Your Needs.
- Matlab Research Paper Help
- Matlab assignment help
- Matlab Project Help
- Matlab Homework Help
- Simulink assignment help
- Simulink Project Help
- Simulink Homework Help
- Matlab Research Paper Help
- NS3 Research Paper Help
- Omnet++ Research Paper Help
- Customised Matlab Assignments
- Global Assignment Knowledge
- Best Assignment Writers
- Certified Matlab Trainers
- Experienced Matlab Developers
- Over 400k+ Satisfied Students
- Ontime support
- Best Price Guarantee
- Plagiarism Free Work
- Correct Citations
Unlimited support we offer you
For better understanding purpose we provide following Materials for all Kind of Research & Assignment & Homework service.
- Result snapshot
- Video Tutorial
- Instructions Profile
- Sofware Install Guide
- Execution Guidance
- Implement Plan
Matlab projects innovators has laid our steps in all dimension related to math works.Our concern support matlab projects for more than 10 years.Many Research scholars are benefited by our matlab projects service.We are trusted institution who supplies matlab projects for many universities and colleges.
Reasons to choose Matlab Projects .org???
Our Service are widely utilized by Research centers.More than 5000+ Projects & Thesis has been provided by us to Students & Research Scholars. All current mathworks software versions are being updated by us.
Our concern has provided the required solution for all the above mention technical problems required by clients with best Customer Support.
- Novel Idea
- Ontime Delivery
- Best Prices
- Unique Work