Plaques in femoral and iliac arteries by slice tomography
Goal:The investigation is aimed at the development of a semi-automatic method of examining the femoral and iliac arteries and quantifying atherosclerotic plaques visible in the multi-slice computed tomography (MSCT) images. Methods: We have utilized the advanced morphology and segmentation methods for processing of a series of the images. In particular, a novel sorted pixel intensity approach to segment the artery into the lumen/plaque regions has been used and effectively combined with the Gaussian mixture modelling (GMM) to increase the accuracy of the segmentation.
Results: Our numerical results are compared with those obtained manually by two experts. Statistics relevant to the progression of atherosclerosis have also been suggested. Results of the semi-automatic tracking of the femoral and iliac arteries and of the quantitative evaluation of atherosclerotic alterations therein have been shown to correspond well with the expert’s results. Conclusion: The developed system is likely to be valuable tool for supporting the quantitative evaluation of atherosclerotic changes in arteries. Significance: In its present form the system can be used for planning surgical treatment and/or predicting the course of the atherosclerotic alterations.
Related Matlab Projects:
- Bridging the Vocabulary Gap between Health Seekers and Healthcare Knowledge.
- SleepAp: An Automated Obstructive Sleep Apnoea Screening Application for Smartphones.
- Portable pathology for Africa.
- Modeling and Verification for Cross-Department Collaborative Business Processes Using Extended Petri Nets.
- Separable Beamforming For 3-D Medical Ultrasound Imaging.
- Supervised Variational Model With Statistical Inference and Its Application in Medical Image Segmentation.
- Large Margin Local Estimate with Applications to Medical Image Classification.
- A Single-Chip 32-Channel Analog Beamformer With 4-ns Delay Resolution and 768-ns Maximum Delay Range for Ultrasound Medical Imaging With a Linear Array Transducer.
- Iterative Shrinkage Algorithm for Patch-Smoothness Regularized Medical Image Recovery.
- Microwave Medical Imaging Based on Sparsity and an Iterative Method With Adaptive Thresholding.
- A 2–16 GHz 65 nm CMOS Stepped-Frequency Radar Transmitter With Harmonic Rejection for High-Resolution Medical Imaging Applications.
- The LISS—A Public Database of Common Imaging Signs of Lung Diseases for Computer-Aided Detection and Diagnosis Research and Medical Education.
- A Novel Approach to Segment Skin Lesions in Dermoscopic Images Based on a Deformable Model.
- Wideband Electrically-Pumped 1050 nm MEMS-Tunable VCSEL for Ophthalmic Imaging.
- Monitoring Cerebral Hemodynamics Following Optogenetic Stimulation via Optical Coherence Tomography.
- Local Diagonal Extrema Pattern: A New and Efficient Feature Descriptor for CT Image Retrieval.
- Correction to “Radial Basis Functions for Combining Shape and Speckle Tracking in 4D Echocardiography”.
- Home Telemonitoring of Vital Signs—Technical Challenges and Future Directions.
- Guest Editorial: Telehealth Systems and Applications.
We want to support Uncompromise Matlab service for all your Requirements Our Reseachers and Technical team keep update the technology for all subjects ,We assure We Meet out Your Needs.
- Matlab Research Paper Help
- Matlab assignment help
- Matlab Project Help
- Matlab Homework Help
- Simulink assignment help
- Simulink Project Help
- Simulink Homework Help
- Matlab Research Paper Help
- NS3 Research Paper Help
- Omnet++ Research Paper Help
- Customised Matlab Assignments
- Global Assignment Knowledge
- Best Assignment Writers
- Certified Matlab Trainers
- Experienced Matlab Developers
- Over 400k+ Satisfied Students
- Ontime support
- Best Price Guarantee
- Plagiarism Free Work
- Correct Citations
Unlimited support we offer you
For better understanding purpose we provide following Materials for all Kind of Research & Assignment & Homework service.
- Result snapshot
- Video Tutorial
- Instructions Profile
- Sofware Install Guide
- Execution Guidance
- Implement Plan
Matlab projects innovators has laid our steps in all dimension related to math works.Our concern support matlab projects for more than 10 years.Many Research scholars are benefited by our matlab projects service.We are trusted institution who supplies matlab projects for many universities and colleges.
Reasons to choose Matlab Projects .org???
Our Service are widely utilized by Research centers.More than 5000+ Projects & Thesis has been provided by us to Students & Research Scholars. All current mathworks software versions are being updated by us.
Our concern has provided the required solution for all the above mention technical problems required by clients with best Customer Support.
- Novel Idea
- Ontime Delivery
- Best Prices
- Unique Work