Adaptive displacement estimation of thermal strain
Thermal strain imaging (TSI) can be used to differentiate between lipid and water-based tissues in atherosclerotic arteries. However, detecting small lipid pools in vivo requires accurate and robust displacement estimation over a wide range of displacement magnitudes. Phase-shift estimators such as Loupas’ estimator and time-shift estimators such as normalized cross-correlation (NXcorr) are commonly used to track tissue displacements. However, Loupas’ estimator is limited by phase-wrapping and NXcorr performs poorly when the SNR is low. In this paper, we present an adaptive displacement estimation algorithm that combines both Loupas’ estimator and NXcorr. We evaluated this algorithm using computer simulations and an ex vivo human tissue sample. Using 1-D simulation studies, we showed that when the displacement magnitude induced by thermal strain was >λ/8 and the electronic system SNR was >25.5 dB, the NXcorr displacement estimate was less biased than the estimate found using Loupas’ estimator.
On the other hand, when the displacement magnitude was ≤λ/4 and the electronic system SNR was ≤25.5 dB, Loupas’ estimator had less variance than NXcorr. We used these findings to design an adaptive displacement estimation algorithm. Computer simulations of TSI showed that the adaptive displacement estimator was less biased than either Loupas’ estimator or NXcorr. Strain reconstructed from the adaptive displacement estimates improved the strain SNR by 43.7 to 350% and the spatial accuracy by 1.2 to 23.0% (P <; 0.001). An ex vivo human tissue study provided results that were comparable to computer simulations. The results of this study showed that a novel displacement estimation algorithm, which combines two different displacement estimators, yielded improved displacement estimation and resulted in improved strain reconstruction.
Related Matlab Sample Projects:
- Noninvasive Imaging of 3-Dimensional Myocardial Infarction From the Inverse Solution of Equivalent Current Density in Pathological Hearts
- Multimodal Entity Coreference for Cervical Dysplasia Diagnosis
- Tractography From HARDI Using an Intrinsic Unscented Kalman Filter
- A Novel Multiple-Instance Learning-Based Approach to Computer-Aided Detection of Tuberculosis on Chest X-Rays
- Multi-Scale Tubular Structure Detection in Ultrasound Imaging
- A New Total Body Scanning System for Automatic Change Detection in Multiple Pigmented Skin Lesions
- Bias Reduction for Low-Statistics PET: Maximum Likelihood Reconstruction With a Modified Poisson Distribution
- Toward Volumetric MR Thermometry With the MASTER Sequence
- Quantitative Susceptibility Mapping by Inversion of a Perturbation Field Model: Correlation With Brain Iron in Normal Aging
- Comb-Push Ultrasound Shear Elastography (CUSE) for Evaluation of Thyroid Nodules: Preliminary In Vivo Results
- Deformation Corrected Compressed Sensing (DC-CS): A Novel Framework for Accelerated Dynamic MRI
- Crowdsourcing Biological Specimen Identification: Consumer technology applied to health-care access
- Anisotropic Diffusion Filter With Memory Based on Speckle Statistics for Ultrasound Images
- Intensity-Based Visual Servoing for Instrument and Tissue Tracking in 3D Ultrasound Volumes
- Breast Segmentation and Density Estimation in Breast MRI: A Fully Automatic Framework
- Landmark Detection for Fusion of Fundus and MRI Toward a Patient-Specific Multimodal Eye Model
- Fall Detection in Homes of Older Adults Using the Microsoft Kinect
- Ultrasound Current Source Density Imaging of the Cardiac Activation Wave Using a Clinical Cardiac Catheter
- Motion Estimation in Cardiac Fluorescence Imaging With Scale-Space Landmarks and Optical Flow: A Comparative Study
Subscribe Our Youtube Channel
You can Watch all Subjects Matlab & Simulink latest Innovative Project Results
We want to support Uncompromise Matlab service for all your Requirements Our Reseachers and Technical team keep update the technology for all subjects ,We assure We Meet out Your Needs.
- Matlab Research Paper Help
- Matlab assignment help
- Matlab Project Help
- Matlab Homework Help
- Simulink assignment help
- Simulink Project Help
- Simulink Homework Help
- Matlab Research Paper Help
- NS3 Research Paper Help
- Omnet++ Research Paper Help
- Customised Matlab Assignments
- Global Assignment Knowledge
- Best Assignment Writers
- Certified Matlab Trainers
- Experienced Matlab Developers
- Over 400k+ Satisfied Students
- Ontime support
- Best Price Guarantee
- Plagiarism Free Work
- Correct Citations
Expert Matlab services just 1-click
Unlimited support we offer you
For better understanding purpose we provide following Materials for all Kind of Research & Assignment & Homework service.
- Result snapshot
- Video Tutorial
- Instructions Profile
- Sofware Install Guide
- Execution Guidance
- Implement Plan
Matlab projects innovators has laid our steps in all dimension related to math works.Our concern support matlab projects for more than 10 years.Many Research scholars are benefited by our matlab projects service.We are trusted institution who supplies matlab projects for many universities and colleges.
Reasons to choose Matlab Projects .org???
Our Service are widely utilized by Research centers.More than 5000+ Projects & Thesis has been provided by us to Students & Research Scholars. All current mathworks software versions are being updated by us.
Our concern has provided the required solution for all the above mention technical problems required by clients with best Customer Support.
- Novel Idea
- Ontime Delivery
- Best Prices
- Unique Work