LVRT Control for DFIG Based Wind Turbine
This paper proposes a virtual damping flux-based low-voltage ride through (LVRT) control strategy for a doubly fed induction generator (DFIG)-based wind turbine. During the transient states of grid voltage drop and recovery, the proposed virtual damping flux-based strategy can suppress rotor current with a smooth electromagnetic torque. During steady-state faults, a negative sequence current compensation strategy is adopted to smooth the electromagnetic torque and reactive power for asymmetrical grid faults, while the conventional vector control is used to inject reactive power into the grid to support grid voltage for symmetrical grid faults.
The effectiveness of the proposed strategies is examined by the simulation with a 2-MW DFIG in MATLAB/Simulink and verified by the experimental results from a scaled-down 7.5-kW DFIG controlled by a DSPACE1006. In addition, the impacts of the magnetic nonlinearity characteristics of a practical DFIG are investigated under asymmetrical grid faults. Although the magnetic nonlinearity characteristics degrade the control effects, the proposed strategies can still improve the DFIG performances during asymmetrical grid faults. The results clearly demonstrate that the proposed strategies can effectively improve the DFIG transient behavior and achieve LVRT performances.
Related Simulink Project Titles:
- Maximum Power Extraction From Series-Connected Fuel Cell Stacks by the Current Compensation Technique.
- Compact Electro-Thermal Reliability Modelling and Experimental Characterisation of Bipolar Latch-up in SiC and CoolMOS Power MOSFETs.
- DC/DC Buck Power Converter as a Smooth Starter for a DC Motor Based on a Hierarchical Control.
- Modelling and analysis of modular multilevel converter for solar photovoltaic applications to improve power quality.
- Characteristic Investigation and Control of a Modular Multilevel Converter-Based HVDC System Under Single-Line-to-Ground Fault Conditions.
- Multi-Agent System for Distributed Management of Microgrids.
- Enhanced Phase-Shifted PWM Carrier Disposition for Interleaved Voltage-Source Inverters.
- Circuit-Oriented Treatment of Nonlinear Capacitances in Switched-Mode Power Supplies.
- PFC Cuk Converter-Fed BLDC Motor Drive.
- A Study of the Impact of Delay Mismatch on Linearity of Outphasing Transmitters.
- A Real-Time Thermal Model for Monitoring of Power Semiconductor Devices.