Predicting pre miRNAs and selecting relevant features
MicroRNAs (miRNAs) are small non-coding RNAs, which play a significant role in gene regulation. Predicting miRNA genes is a challenging bioinformatics problem and existing experimental and computational methods fail to deal with it effectively. We developed YamiPred, an embedded classification method that combines the efficiency and robustness of Support Vector Machines (SVM) with Genetic Algorithms(GA) for feature selection and parameters optimization. YamiPred was tested in a new and realistic human dataset and was compared with state-of-the-art computational intelligence approaches and the prevalent SVM-based tools for miRNA prediction.
Experimental results indicate that YamiPred outperforms existing approaches in terms of accuracy and of geometric mean of sensitivity and specificity. The embedded feature selection component selects a compact feature subset that contributes to the performance optimization. Further experimentation with this minimal feature subset has achieved very high classification performance and revealed the minimum number of samples required for developing a robust predictor. YamiPred also confirmed the important role of commonly used features such as entropy and enthalpy, and uncovered the significance of newly introduced features, such as %A-U aggregate nucleotide frequency and positional entropy. The best model trained on human data has successfully predicted pre-miRNAs to other organisms including the category of viruses.
Related Communication System Projects Titles:
- GA-Based Optimization of Irregular Subarray Layouts for Wideband Phased Arrays Design.
- Smart Cloud Storage Service Selection Based on Fuzzy Logic, Theory of Evidence and Game Theory.
- Virtual topology reconfiguration in optical networks by means of cognition: Evaluation and experimental validation [invited].
- Game-Theoretic Formulation of Power Dispatch With Guaranteed Convergence and Prioritized BestResponse.
- Low-SAR Path Discovery by Particle Swarm Optimization Algorithm in Wireless Body Area Networks.
- Decoupling capacitors selection algorithm based on maximum anti-resonance points and quality factor of capacitor.
- Elitist Chemical Reaction Optimization for Contour-Based Target Recognition in Aerial Images.
- Ear-to-Ear On-Body Channel Model for Hearing Aid ApplicationsSimple signal arithmetic is involved in signal processing they are subtraction, point-by-point addition, multiplication or division of two signals or of one signal and a constant.
- Approximation of Phenol Concentration Using Computational Intelligence Methods Based on Signals From the Metal-Oxide Sensor Array.
Subscribe Our Youtube Channel
You can Watch all Subjects Matlab & Simulink latest Innovative Project Results
We want to support Uncompromise Matlab service for all your Requirements Our Reseachers and Technical team keep update the technology for all subjects ,We assure We Meet out Your Needs.
- Matlab Research Paper Help
- Matlab assignment help
- Matlab Project Help
- Matlab Homework Help
- Simulink assignment help
- Simulink Project Help
- Simulink Homework Help
- Matlab Research Paper Help
- NS3 Research Paper Help
- Omnet++ Research Paper Help
- Customised Matlab Assignments
- Global Assignment Knowledge
- Best Assignment Writers
- Certified Matlab Trainers
- Experienced Matlab Developers
- Over 400k+ Satisfied Students
- Ontime support
- Best Price Guarantee
- Plagiarism Free Work
- Correct Citations
Expert Matlab services just 1-click
Unlimited support we offer you
For better understanding purpose we provide following Materials for all Kind of Research & Assignment & Homework service.
- Result snapshot
- Video Tutorial
- Instructions Profile
- Sofware Install Guide
- Execution Guidance
- Implement Plan
Matlab projects innovators has laid our steps in all dimension related to math works.Our concern support matlab projects for more than 10 years.Many Research scholars are benefited by our matlab projects service.We are trusted institution who supplies matlab projects for many universities and colleges.
Reasons to choose Matlab Projects .org???
Our Service are widely utilized by Research centers.More than 5000+ Projects & Thesis has been provided by us to Students & Research Scholars. All current mathworks software versions are being updated by us.
Our concern has provided the required solution for all the above mention technical problems required by clients with best Customer Support.
- Novel Idea
- Ontime Delivery
- Best Prices
- Unique Work