Vertical Handoff in Fourth Generation (4G) Networks Model
The next generation 4G wireless networks is envisioned as a convergence of different wireless access technologies providing the user with the best anywhere, anytime connection and improving the system resource utilization. The integration of wireless local area network (WLAN) hot spots and cellular networks (such as GPRS and UMTS) needs a more efficient handoff process. Handoff process between WLAN and cellular networks is known as vertical handoff. In this handoff process, number of unnecessary handoff should be minimized and WLAN network should be given high priority. The main objective of this paper is to study and evaluate the handoff process between WLAN and cellular networks using two algorithms. The algorithms are based on received signal strength, WLAN threshold value and lifetime estimation.
Then, simulation model are developed to evaluate the performance of the vertical handoff algorithms using Matlab. The performance is evaluated according to the number of vertical handoff, number of unnecessary handoff and handoff delay by varying the user mobility rate. Simulation shows that the number of vertical handoff is increasing as the user mobility rate is increasing. Handoff algorithm using received signal strength (RSS) averaged and lifetime estimation shows the minimum number of unnecessary handoffs as compared to algorithm using only RSS averaged. The result also shows that the handoff delay is affected by the user mobility rate. Slower mobility rate user tends to stay longer in WLAN network as compared to high mobility rate user.
Related Communication System Project Titles:
- The impact of antenna orientation on wireless sensor network performance.
- Indoor corridor radio propagation characteristics at 60 GHz for wireless communications.
- A low SNR approach to substation communication using powerline for EMI reduction.
- Prolonging life time of wireless sensor network.
- The Wireless Channel: Propagation and Fading.
- An energy efficient cluster based node scheduling protocol for Wireless sensor networks.
- Using Pulse Width Modulation for Wireless Transmission of Neural Signals in Multichannel Neural Recording Systems.
- Design and implementation of OFDM transceiver system using M-PSK encoding techniques.
- DSTiPE algorithm for fuzzy spatio-temporal risk calculation in wireless environments.
We want to support Uncompromise Matlab service for all your Requirements Our Reseachers and Technical team keep update the technology for all subjects ,We assure We Meet out Your Needs.
- Matlab Research Paper Help
- Matlab assignment help
- Matlab Project Help
- Matlab Homework Help
- Simulink assignment help
- Simulink Project Help
- Simulink Homework Help
- Matlab Research Paper Help
- NS3 Research Paper Help
- Omnet++ Research Paper Help
- Customised Matlab Assignments
- Global Assignment Knowledge
- Best Assignment Writers
- Certified Matlab Trainers
- Experienced Matlab Developers
- Over 400k+ Satisfied Students
- Ontime support
- Best Price Guarantee
- Plagiarism Free Work
- Correct Citations
Unlimited support we offer you
For better understanding purpose we provide following Materials for all Kind of Research & Assignment & Homework service.
- Result snapshot
- Video Tutorial
- Instructions Profile
- Sofware Install Guide
- Execution Guidance
- Implement Plan
Matlab projects innovators has laid our steps in all dimension related to math works.Our concern support matlab projects for more than 10 years.Many Research scholars are benefited by our matlab projects service.We are trusted institution who supplies matlab projects for many universities and colleges.
Reasons to choose Matlab Projects .org???
Our Service are widely utilized by Research centers.More than 5000+ Projects & Thesis has been provided by us to Students & Research Scholars. All current mathworks software versions are being updated by us.
Our concern has provided the required solution for all the above mention technical problems required by clients with best Customer Support.
- Novel Idea
- Ontime Delivery
- Best Prices
- Unique Work