Impact of antenna orientation on wireless sensor network
In this paper, we investigate the impact of antenna orientation on the performance of wireless sensor networks. In the experiments conducted using Crossbow MicaZ motes we realized that the antenna orientation has a significant impact on the received signal strength (RSSI). It thus becomes important to incorporate the effects on RSSI due to variations in antenna orientations while performing simulations and analyzing the performance of wireless sensor networks. We have successfully validated the experimental results with an analytical model. The significant deviations have been explained based on other factors that affect the performance of wireless sensor networks, viz. mulitpath, interference etc.
However, it must be noticed that we do not generalize the results obtained, as it depends upon the type of antenna used, and in our case, it is a quarter wavelength tilt and swivel antenna that is usually used for MicaZ sensor motes. In order to determine the routing path from one node to the other, we propose Distance and Orientation based Protocol for Energy conservation, or in short DOPE. Using this protocol, the data is routed based on the least energy consuming path.Matlab simulation of sensor network yields that if the data is routed from one node to the other based on antenna orientation consideration, a lot of energy (on an average 30 percent) can be saved as compared to the networks where antenna orientation is not taken into consideration.
Related Communication System Project Titles:
- Indoor corridor radio propagation characteristics at 60 GHz for wireless communications.
- A low SNR approach to substation communication using powerline for EMI reduction.
- Prolonging life time of wireless sensor network.
- The Wireless Channel: Propagation and Fading.
- An energy efficient cluster based node scheduling protocol for Wireless sensor networks.
- Using Pulse Width Modulation for Wireless Transmission of Neural Signals in Multichannel Neural Recording Systems.
- Design and implementation of OFDM transceiver system using M-PSK encoding techniques.
- DSTiPE algorithm for fuzzy spatio-temporal risk calculation in wireless environments.
- Performance Evaluation of Vertical Handoff in Fourth Generation (4G) Networks Model.
Subscribe Our Youtube Channel
You can Watch all Subjects Matlab & Simulink latest Innovative Project Results
We want to support Uncompromise Matlab service for all your Requirements Our Reseachers and Technical team keep update the technology for all subjects ,We assure We Meet out Your Needs.
- Matlab Research Paper Help
- Matlab assignment help
- Matlab Project Help
- Matlab Homework Help
- Simulink assignment help
- Simulink Project Help
- Simulink Homework Help
- Matlab Research Paper Help
- NS3 Research Paper Help
- Omnet++ Research Paper Help
- Customised Matlab Assignments
- Global Assignment Knowledge
- Best Assignment Writers
- Certified Matlab Trainers
- Experienced Matlab Developers
- Over 400k+ Satisfied Students
- Ontime support
- Best Price Guarantee
- Plagiarism Free Work
- Correct Citations
Expert Matlab services just 1-click
Unlimited support we offer you
For better understanding purpose we provide following Materials for all Kind of Research & Assignment & Homework service.
- Result snapshot
- Video Tutorial
- Instructions Profile
- Sofware Install Guide
- Execution Guidance
- Implement Plan
Matlab projects innovators has laid our steps in all dimension related to math works.Our concern support matlab projects for more than 10 years.Many Research scholars are benefited by our matlab projects service.We are trusted institution who supplies matlab projects for many universities and colleges.
Reasons to choose Matlab Projects .org???
Our Service are widely utilized by Research centers.More than 5000+ Projects & Thesis has been provided by us to Students & Research Scholars. All current mathworks software versions are being updated by us.
Our concern has provided the required solution for all the above mention technical problems required by clients with best Customer Support.
- Novel Idea
- Ontime Delivery
- Best Prices
- Unique Work