Digital Pre Emphasis in Optical Communication Systems
Digital signal pre-processing at the transmitter is a key enabler for next-generation optical transceivers. One of the major challenges faced by these transponders is the limited resolution and −3 dB electrical bandwidth of the digital-to-analog converters (DAC), severely limiting the transmission performance. On the other hand, these spectrally efficient flexible transport networks are extremely sensitive to nonlinear channel impairments, essentially limiting the maximum system reach. In this paper, we employ a simple digital pre-emphasis (DPE) algorithm to mitigate DAC-induced signal distortions, and further report on the impact of DPE algorithm on nonlinear transmission performance. We demonstrate, both numerically and experimentally, that DPE not only counteracts DAC low-pass response, allowing for higher baud rate transmission, but also enables better nonlinear channel tolerance.
In particular, we first establish the maximum transmittable baud rates in back-to-back configuration for polarization multiplexed m-state quadrature amplitude modulation (PM-mQAM) formats, allowing up to 50, 46 and 44 Gbaud transmission for PM-4QAM, PM-8QAM, and PM-16QAM, respectively assuming typical DAC specifications of 16 GHz −3 dB bandwidth and 5.5 effective number of bits. Furthermore, we show that the performance improvements from DPE increase with increasing modulation order and decreasing span count, with maximum improvements of up to ∼2.2 dB. In a conventional standard single mode fiber transmission link with lumped amplification, employing DPE, we report maximum reach of up to ∼10 000, ∼5000, and ∼3000 km, for PM-4QAM, PM-8QAM, and PM-16QAM, respectively. Moreover, at pre-FEC bit-error-rate, relative reach improvements from DPE are found to be up to 21%, 25%, and 27%, respectively. Finally, we show that DPE gains are constant beyond a minimum required chan- el spacing, with minimum spacing requirements of 1.1 × baud rate, 1.15 × baud rate, and 1.2 × baud rate for PM-4QAM→PM-16QAM, respectively.
Related Digital Project Titles:
- Gaussian Processes for Estimating Wavelength Position of the Ferric Iron Crystal Field Feature at sim 900 nm From Hyperspectral Imagery Acquired in the Short-Wave Infrared (1002–1355 nm).
- Cluster-Based Analysis for Personalized Stress Evaluation Using Physiological Signals.
- An Automated Josephson-Based AC-Voltage Calibration System.
- An Efficient Frequency and Phase Estimation Algorithm With CRB Performance for FMCW Radar Applications.
- Downsampling of Signals on Graphs Via Maximum Spanning Trees.
- A Statistical Method for Improved 3D Surface Detection.
- A Hybrid RF/Baseband Precoding Processor Based on Parallel-Index-Selection Matrix-Inversion-Bypass Simultaneous Orthogonal Matching Pursuit for Millimeter Wave MIMO Systems.
- Experimental Parametric Study of a Silicon Photonic Modulator Enabled 112 Gb/s PAM Transmission System with a DAC and ADC.
- Quaternary Polarization-Multiplexed Subsystem for High-Capacity IM/DD Optical Data Links.
- Autonomous Unobtrusive Detection of Mild Cognitive Impairment in Older Adults.
- Maximum Aperture Power Transmission in Lossy Homogeneous Matters.
- Image Sensor-Based Heart Rate Evaluation From Face Reflectance Using Hilbert–Huang Transform.
- Reconstruction of Instantaneous Phase of Unipolar Atrial Contact Electrogram Using a Concept of Sinusoidal Recomposition and Hilbert Transform.
- Approximation of Phenol Concentration Using Computational Intelligence Methods Based on Signals From the Metal-Oxide Sensor Array.
Subscribe Our Youtube Channel
You can Watch all Subjects Matlab & Simulink latest Innovative Project Results
We want to support Uncompromise Matlab service for all your Requirements Our Reseachers and Technical team keep update the technology for all subjects ,We assure We Meet out Your Needs.
- Matlab Research Paper Help
- Matlab assignment help
- Matlab Project Help
- Matlab Homework Help
- Simulink assignment help
- Simulink Project Help
- Simulink Homework Help
- Matlab Research Paper Help
- NS3 Research Paper Help
- Omnet++ Research Paper Help
- Customised Matlab Assignments
- Global Assignment Knowledge
- Best Assignment Writers
- Certified Matlab Trainers
- Experienced Matlab Developers
- Over 400k+ Satisfied Students
- Ontime support
- Best Price Guarantee
- Plagiarism Free Work
- Correct Citations
Expert Matlab services just 1-click
Unlimited support we offer you
For better understanding purpose we provide following Materials for all Kind of Research & Assignment & Homework service.
- Result snapshot
- Video Tutorial
- Instructions Profile
- Sofware Install Guide
- Execution Guidance
- Implement Plan
Matlab projects innovators has laid our steps in all dimension related to math works.Our concern support matlab projects for more than 10 years.Many Research scholars are benefited by our matlab projects service.We are trusted institution who supplies matlab projects for many universities and colleges.
Reasons to choose Matlab Projects .org???
Our Service are widely utilized by Research centers.More than 5000+ Projects & Thesis has been provided by us to Students & Research Scholars. All current mathworks software versions are being updated by us.
Our concern has provided the required solution for all the above mention technical problems required by clients with best Customer Support.
- Novel Idea
- Ontime Delivery
- Best Prices
- Unique Work