Peak Current Measurement Strategy for Output Control
The objective of this paper is to propose the primary-side peak current measurement strategy (PCMS) for the high-precision constant output current converter. The primary-side regulator (PSR) is widely used for low-cost and low-power light-emitted diode (LED) lighting application with universal input voltage range. However, the conventional PSR suffers from the drawback of current inaccuracy so that the LED may be damaged easily. Therefore, the PCMS method for PSR to achieve high-precision constant output current control is proposed.
In this paper, the real causes of the output current inaccuracy by using PSR are discussed. The mathematical expression of the output current measurement error is derived. Then, the operation principle of the proposed PCMS is presented. Hardware experimental measurements are presented to verify the performance of the proposed PCMS. The measured data show that by using the PSR with the proposed PCMS, the LED output current error can be limited within ±2% under different operation conditions.
Related Communication System Project Titles:
- Approach for torque ripple reduction for brushless DC motor based on three-level neutral-point-clamped inverter with DC–DC converter.
- A Nonresonant Self-Synchronizing Inductively Coupled 0.18- $mu $ m CMOS Power Receiver and Charger.
- Predictive Torque Control Scheme for Three-Phase Four-Switch Inverter-Fed Induction Motor Drives With DC-Link Voltages Offset Suppression.
- Control and Monitoring for Grid-Friendly Wind Turbines: Research Overview and Suggested Approach.
- Speed sensor-less maximum power point tracking and constant output power operation of wind-driven wound rotor induction generators.
- A High Step-Down Multiple Output Converter With Wide Input Voltage Range Based on Quasi Two-Stage Architecture and Dual-Output LLC Resonant Converter.
- Analysis and Suppression of High-Order Mode Oscillation in an S-Band Klystron.
- Automated Demand Response From Home Energy Management System Under Dynamic Pricing and Powerand Comfort Constraints.
- Circulating Current Suppressing Strategy for MMC-HVDC Based on Nonideal Proportional Resonant Controllers Under Unbalanced Grid Conditions.