Approach to Computer Aided Detection of Tuberculosis
To reach performance levels comparable to human experts, computer-aided detection (CAD) systems are typically optimized following a supervised learning approach that relies on large training databases comprising manually annotated lesions. However, manually outlining those lesions constitutes a difficult and time-consuming process that renders detailedly annotated data difficult to obtain. In this paper, we investigate an alternative approach, namely multiple-instance learning (MIL), that does not require detailed information for optimization. We have applied MIL to a CAD system for tuberculosis detection. Only the case condition (normal or abnormal) was required during training. Based upon the well-known miSVM technique, we propose an improved algorithm that overcomes miSVM’s drawbacks related to positive instance underestimation and costly iteration.To show the advantages of our MIL-based approach as compared with a traditional supervised one, experiments with three X-ray databases were conducted.
The area under the receiver operating characteristic curve was utilized as a performance measure. With the first database, for which training lesion annotations were available, our MIL-based method was comparable to the supervised system (0.86 versus 0.88). When evaluating the remaining databases, given their large difference with the previous image set, the most appealing strategy was to retrain the CAD systems. However, since only the case condition was available, only the MIL-based system could be retrained. This scenario, which is common in real-world applications, demonstrates the better adaptation capabilities of the proposed approach. After retraining, our MIL-based system significantly outperformed the supervised one (0.86 versus 0.79 and 0.91 versus 0.85, p<;0.0001 and p=0.0002, respectively).
Related Matlab Gui Projects:
- Indicator Cokriging-Based Subpixel Mapping Without Prior Spatial Structure Information.
- Rotation-Invariant Object Detection in Remote Sensing Images Based on Radial-Gradient Angle.
- No Reference Uneven Illumination Assessment for Dermoscopy Images.
- Data-Driven Soft Sensor Modeling for Algal Blooms Monitoring.
- Automated Histology Analysis: Opportunities for signal processing.
- Pansharpening of Multispectral Images Based on Nonlocal Parameter Optimization.
- A High-Order Imaging Algorithm for High-Resolution Spaceborne SAR Based on a Modified Equivalent Squint Range Model.
- Rotational Pixel Swapping Method for Detection of Circular Features in Binary Images.
- Complementarity of Discriminative Classifiers and Spectral Unmixing Techniques for the Interpretation of Hyperspectral Images.
- Snakes on a Plane: A perfect snap for bioimage analysis.
- Progressive Band Processing of Constrained Energy Minimization for Subpixel Detection.
- Hyperspectral Image Denoising via Sparse Representation and Low-Rank Constraint.
- Unsupervised Band Selection by Integrating the Overall Accuracy and Redundancy.
- Efficient Compressed Sensing Method for Moving-Target Imaging by Exploiting the Geometry Information of the Defocused Results.
- Linear Spectral Mixture Analysis via Multiple-Kernel Learning for Hyperspectral Image Classification.
- An Efficient Approach for Automatic Rectangular Building Extraction From Very High Resolution Optical Satellite Imagery.
- Joint Image Registration and Fusion for Panchromatic and Multispectral Images.
- Accelerated Phase-Cycled SSFP Imaging With Compressed Sensing.
- A Novel Approach of an Absolute Encoder Coding Pattern.
Subscribe Our Youtube Channel
You can Watch all Subjects Matlab & Simulink latest Innovative Project Results
We want to support Uncompromise Matlab service for all your Requirements Our Reseachers and Technical team keep update the technology for all subjects ,We assure We Meet out Your Needs.
- Matlab Research Paper Help
- Matlab assignment help
- Matlab Project Help
- Matlab Homework Help
- Simulink assignment help
- Simulink Project Help
- Simulink Homework Help
- Matlab Research Paper Help
- NS3 Research Paper Help
- Omnet++ Research Paper Help
- Customised Matlab Assignments
- Global Assignment Knowledge
- Best Assignment Writers
- Certified Matlab Trainers
- Experienced Matlab Developers
- Over 400k+ Satisfied Students
- Ontime support
- Best Price Guarantee
- Plagiarism Free Work
- Correct Citations
Expert Matlab services just 1-click
Unlimited support we offer you
For better understanding purpose we provide following Materials for all Kind of Research & Assignment & Homework service.
- Result snapshot
- Video Tutorial
- Instructions Profile
- Sofware Install Guide
- Execution Guidance
- Implement Plan
Matlab projects innovators has laid our steps in all dimension related to math works.Our concern support matlab projects for more than 10 years.Many Research scholars are benefited by our matlab projects service.We are trusted institution who supplies matlab projects for many universities and colleges.
Reasons to choose Matlab Projects .org???
Our Service are widely utilized by Research centers.More than 5000+ Projects & Thesis has been provided by us to Students & Research Scholars. All current mathworks software versions are being updated by us.
Our concern has provided the required solution for all the above mention technical problems required by clients with best Customer Support.
- Novel Idea
- Ontime Delivery
- Best Prices
- Unique Work