Electro Thermal Reliability Modelling of Bipolar Latch up
In this paper, a compact dynamic and fully-coupled electro-thermal model for parasitic BJT latch-up is presented and validated by measurements. The model can be used to enhance the reliability of the latest generation of commercially available power devices. BJT latch-up can be triggered by body-diode reverse-recovery, hard commutation with high dV/dt or from avalanche conduction during unclamped-inductive-switching. In the case of body-diode reverse-recovery, the base current that initiates BJT latch-up is calculated from the solution of the ambipolar diffusion equation describing the minority carrier distribution in the anti-parallel PiN body-diode.
For hard commutation with high dV/dt, the displacement current of the drain-body charging capacitance is critical for BJT latch-up whereas for avalanche conduction, the base current is calculated from impact ionization. The parasitic BJT is implemented in Simulink using the Ebers-Moll model and the temperature is calculated using a thermal network matched to the transient thermal impedance characteristic of the devices. This model has been applied to CoolMOS and SiC MOSFETs. Measurements show that the model correctly predicts BJT latch-up during reverse-recovery as a function of forward-current density and temperature. The model presented, when calibrated correctly by device manufacturers and applications engineers, is capable of bench-marking the robustness of power-MOSFETs
Related Simulink Project Titles:
- DC/DC Buck Power Converter as a Smooth Starter for a DC Motor Based on a Hierarchical Control.
- Modelling and analysis of modular multilevel converter for solar photovoltaic applications to improve power quality.
- Characteristic Investigation and Control of a Modular Multilevel Converter-Based HVDC System Under Single-Line-to-Ground Fault Conditions.
- Multi-Agent System for Distributed Management of Microgrids.
- Enhanced Phase-Shifted PWM Carrier Disposition for Interleaved Voltage-Source Inverters.
- Circuit-Oriented Treatment of Nonlinear Capacitances in Switched-Mode Power Supplies.
- PFC Cuk Converter-Fed BLDC Motor Drive.
- A Study of the Impact of Delay Mismatch on Linearity of Outphasing Transmitters.
- A Real-Time Thermal Model for Monitoring of Power Semiconductor Devices.
- Virtual Damping Flux-Based LVRT Control for DFIG-Based Wind Turbine.
- Maximum Power Extraction From Series-Connected Fuel Cell Stacks by the Current Compensation Technique.
We want to support Uncompromise Matlab service for all your Requirements Our Reseachers and Technical team keep update the technology for all subjects ,We assure We Meet out Your Needs.
- Matlab Research Paper Help
- Matlab assignment help
- Matlab Project Help
- Matlab Homework Help
- Simulink assignment help
- Simulink Project Help
- Simulink Homework Help
- Matlab Research Paper Help
- NS3 Research Paper Help
- Omnet++ Research Paper Help
- Customised Matlab Assignments
- Global Assignment Knowledge
- Best Assignment Writers
- Certified Matlab Trainers
- Experienced Matlab Developers
- Over 400k+ Satisfied Students
- Ontime support
- Best Price Guarantee
- Plagiarism Free Work
- Correct Citations
Unlimited support we offer you
For better understanding purpose we provide following Materials for all Kind of Research & Assignment & Homework service.
- Result snapshot
- Video Tutorial
- Instructions Profile
- Sofware Install Guide
- Execution Guidance
- Implement Plan
Matlab projects innovators has laid our steps in all dimension related to math works.Our concern support matlab projects for more than 10 years.Many Research scholars are benefited by our matlab projects service.We are trusted institution who supplies matlab projects for many universities and colleges.
Reasons to choose Matlab Projects .org???
Our Service are widely utilized by Research centers.More than 5000+ Projects & Thesis has been provided by us to Students & Research Scholars. All current mathworks software versions are being updated by us.
Our concern has provided the required solution for all the above mention technical problems required by clients with best Customer Support.
- Novel Idea
- Ontime Delivery
- Best Prices
- Unique Work