Spatial Response Matched Filter and Its Application
The adjacent effect caused by a nonideal system point spread function (PSF) is an important source generating additional errors in radiometric measurements. Traditional recovery methods, i.e., inverse and Wiener filters, are attempted to restore the scene without the influence of RSF, which is inexistent in real observations and usually leads to the ringing artifact as well as uncertainties in noise amplification (NA). In this paper, a novel spatial-response matched filter (SRMF) and its processing method are established, where the aimed scene is supposed to be observed by instruments with higher PSF performance. Also, NA effects triggered by SRMF are precisely modeled and used for the further evaluation of radiometric accuracy (RA) variation after SRMF processing.
Simulation results indicate that the SRMF method is more suitable for images with lower noise level and greater variation in the targets’ radiation, where RA performance could be improved in a certain extent. Meanwhile, when the imager in a Multifunctional Transport Satellite is selected as the reference one with high-performance PSF, the SRMF for Fengyun-2 satellite is set up and applied for observations in thermal infrared band during April and May 2013. After SRMF processing, the recovered images show significant improvements in both visual effects and RA, where the increase of RA is expected to be 2-6 K at 190 K in statistics. Such a progress is believed to be beneficial to tropical cyclone intensity estimation as well as for other relevant products, i.e., cloud classification generation.
Related Image Processing Project Titles:
- Compressed Sensing of a Remote Sensing Image Based on the Priors of the Reference Image.
- Four Class Classification of Skin Lesions With Task Decomposition Strategy.
- A Learning Framework for Age Rank Estimation Based on Face Images With Scattering Transform.
- Microstructural characterization of the pia arachnoid complex using optical coherence tomography.
- Operational BRDF Effects Correction for Wide-Field-of-View Optical Scanners (BREFCOR).
- Influence of the Contact Opening Speed on DC Vacuum Arc.
- Precise Three Dimensional Stereo Localization of Corner Reflectors and Persistent Scatterers With TerraSAR-X.
- Quantifying Tidal Mud Flat Elevations From Fixed-Platform Long-Wave Infrared Imagery.
- Trigger Wave Asynchronous Cellular Logic Array for Fast Binary Image Processing.
- Image Processing for Identification of Sea-Ice Floes and the Floe Size Distributions.
- Hipacc: A Domain Specific Language and Compiler for Image Processing.
- Extraction of Energy Information From Analog Meters Using Image Processing.
- Efficient Learning of Image Super-resolution and Compression Artifact Removal with Semi local Gaussian Processes.
- Combining image processing and laser fault injections for characterizing a hardware AES.
- Image Processing and Analysis for Single Molecule Localization Microscopy: Computation for nanoscale imaging.
- Active Learning With Gaussian Process Classifier for Hyper spectral Image Classification.
- Deblurred Images Post-Processing by Poisson Warping.
- Terahertz Imaging Radar With Inverse Aperture Synthesis Techniques: System Structure, Signal Processing, and Experiment Results.
- Colloidal Quantum Dot-Based Light Emitting Diodes With Solution Processed Electron Transporting Layer for Cellular Imaging.
- Image Pair Analysis With Matrix Value Operator.
- Online High Precision Probabilistic Localization of Robotic Fish Using Visual and Inertial Cues.
- Stable Mean Shift Algorithm and Its Application to the Segmentation of Arbitrarily Large Remote Sensing Images.
- Breast Segmentation and Density Estimation in Breast MRI: A Fully Automatic Framework.
- Estimation of Sunlight Direction Using 3D Object Models.