Piezoelectric Actuators With Integrated High Voltage PE
This paper explores the possibility of piezoelectric actuators with integrated high-voltage power electronics. Such devices dramatically simplify the application of piezoelectric actuators since the power electronics are already optimized for the voltage range, capacitance, and power dissipation of the actuator.
The foremost consideration is the thermal impedance of the actuator and heat dissipation. Analytical and finite-element methods are described for predicting the thermal impedance of a piezoelectric bender. The predictions are compared experimentally using thermal imaging on a piezoelectric bender with laminated miniature power electronics
Related Power Electronics Projects:
- Computationally Efficient, Real-Time, and Embeddable Prognostic Techniques for Power Electronics.
- Single Active Switch Power Electronics for Kilowatt Scale Capacitive Power Transfer.
- Study and Handling Methods of Power IGBT Module Failures in Power Electronic Converter Systems.
- High-Temperature (250 °C?/?500 °F) 19 000 min BLDC Fan for Forced Air-Cooling of Advanced Automotive Power Electronics.
- Power Electronics Control of an Energy Regenerative Mechatronic Damper.
- Research on Unbalanced-Load Correction Capability of Two Power Electronic Transformer Topologies.
- A Storage Integrated Modular Power Electronic Interface for Higher Power Distribution Availability.
- Performance of Multistep Finite Control Set Model Predictive Control for Power Electronics.
- Real-Time Prediction of Power Electronic Device Temperatures Using PRBS-Generated Frequency-Domain Thermal Cross Coupling Characteristics.
- Survey of High-Temperature Reliability of Power ElectronicsPackaging Components.
- Influence of Power Electronic Converters on Current-Voltage Behaviors During Faults in DGU’s – Part ll: Photovoltaic Systems.
- Survey of High-Temperature Polymeric Encapsulants for Power Electronics Packaging.
- Editorial: IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics, February 2015.
- Mission Profile-Based Reliability Design and Real-Time Life Consumption Estimation in Power Electronics.