Terahertz Imaging Radar With Inverse Aperture Synthesis
The combination of the all solid-state terahertz (THz) technology and synthetic aperture radar imaging technique leads to small imagingsensors of high resolution. In this paper, we present an active frequency-modulated continuous-wave THz imaging radar system with inverse aperture synthesis technique to image objects in centimeter-scale resolution in two dimensions. Its high-range resolution is achieved through the use of broadband sweep signal, whose frequency ranges from 336.6 to 343.8 GHz, and the 1-D aperture synthesis enables the improvement of the cross-range resolution.
In order to optimize the range resolution, a nonlinearity calibration approach is presented to solve the signal distortion. To verify the imaging performance of the THz radar, the inverse synthetic aperture radar experiments are performed and theimaging results obtained by the 2-D fast Fourier transform method and back-projection algorithm, respectively, show that the THz radar can achieve high resolution in the range and azimuth dimensions.
Related Image Processing Project Titles:
- Colloidal Quantum Dot-Based Light Emitting Diodes With Solution Processed Electron Transporting Layer for Cellular Imaging.
- Image Pair Analysis With Matrix Value Operator.
- Online High Precision Probabilistic Localization of Robotic Fish Using Visual and Inertial Cues.
- Stable Mean Shift Algorithm and Its Application to the Segmentation of Arbitrarily Large Remote Sensing Images.
- Breast Segmentation and Density Estimation in Breast MRI: A Fully Automatic Framework.
- Estimation of Sunlight Direction Using 3D Object Models.
- Spatial Response Matched Filter and Its Application in Radiometric Accuracy Improvement of FY 2 Satellite Thermal Infrared Band.
- Compressed Sensing of a Remote Sensing Image Based on the Priors of the Reference Image.
- Four Class Classification of Skin Lesions With Task Decomposition Strategy.
- A Learning Framework for Age Rank Estimation Based on Face Images With Scattering Transform.
- Microstructural characterization of the pia arachnoid complex using optical coherence tomography.
- Operational BRDF Effects Correction for Wide-Field-of-View Optical Scanners (BREFCOR).
- Influence of the Contact Opening Speed on DC Vacuum Arc.
- Precise Three Dimensional Stereo Localization of Corner Reflectors and Persistent Scatterers With TerraSAR-X.
- Quantifying Tidal Mud Flat Elevations From Fixed-Platform Long-Wave Infrared Imagery.
- Trigger Wave Asynchronous Cellular Logic Array for Fast Binary Image Processing.
- Image Processing for Identification of Sea-Ice Floes and the Floe Size Distributions.
- Hipacc: A Domain Specific Language and Compiler for Image Processing.
- Extraction of Energy Information From Analog Meters Using Image Processing.
- Efficient Learning of Image Super-resolution and Compression Artifact Removal with Semi local Gaussian Processes.
- Combining image processing and laser fault injections for characterizing a hardware AES.
- Image Processing and Analysis for Single Molecule Localization Microscopy: Computation for nanoscale imaging.
- Active Learning With Gaussian Process Classifier for Hyper spectral Image Classification.
- Deblurred Images Post-Processing by Poisson Warping.