Online Precision Probabilistic Localization of Robotic Fish
This paper focuses on the development of an online high-precision probabilistic localization approach for the miniature underwater robots equipped with limited computational capacities and low-cost sensing devices. The localization system takes Monte Carlo localization (MCL) as the main framework and utilizes the onboard camera and low-cost inertial measurement unit (IMU) for information acquisition to provide a decimeter-level precision with 5-Hz refreshing rate in a small space with several artificial landmarks. Specifically, a novel underwater image processingalgorithm is introduced to improve the underwater image quality; two key parameters, including a distance factor and an angle factor, are finally calculated to serve as the criteria to MCL. Meanwhile, the accurate orientation and rough odometry of the robot are acquired by onboard IMU.
Moreover, a Kalman filter is adopted to filter the key information extracted from the sensors’ data processing. In principle, when visual and inertial cues are both obtained, visual information with higher reliability has the priority to be used in the algorithm, which finally results in rapid convergence to the real pose of the robot. A series of relevant experiments are systematically conducted on the robotic fish, which prove that the online localization algorithm herein is highly accurate, robust, and practical for the miniature underwater robots with limited computational resources.
Related Image Processing Project Titles:
- Stable Mean Shift Algorithm and Its Application to the Segmentation of Arbitrarily Large Remote Sensing Images.
- Breast Segmentation and Density Estimation in Breast MRI: A Fully Automatic Framework.
- Estimation of Sunlight Direction Using 3D Object Models.
- Spatial Response Matched Filter and Its Application in Radiometric Accuracy Improvement of FY 2 Satellite Thermal Infrared Band.
- Compressed Sensing of a Remote Sensing Image Based on the Priors of the Reference Image.
- Four Class Classification of Skin Lesions With Task Decomposition Strategy.
- A Learning Framework for Age Rank Estimation Based on Face Images With Scattering Transform.
- Microstructural characterization of the pia arachnoid complex using optical coherence tomography.
- Operational BRDF Effects Correction for Wide-Field-of-View Optical Scanners (BREFCOR).
- Influence of the Contact Opening Speed on DC Vacuum Arc.
- Precise Three Dimensional Stereo Localization of Corner Reflectors and Persistent Scatterers With TerraSAR-X.
- Quantifying Tidal Mud Flat Elevations From Fixed-Platform Long-Wave Infrared Imagery.
- Trigger Wave Asynchronous Cellular Logic Array for Fast Binary Image Processing.
- Image Processing for Identification of Sea-Ice Floes and the Floe Size Distributions.
- Hipacc: A Domain Specific Language and Compiler for Image Processing.
- Extraction of Energy Information From Analog Meters Using Image Processing.
- Efficient Learning of Image Super-resolution and Compression Artifact Removal with Semi local Gaussian Processes.
- Combining image processing and laser fault injections for characterizing a hardware AES.
- Image Processing and Analysis for Single Molecule Localization Microscopy: Computation for nanoscale imaging.
- Active Learning With Gaussian Process Classifier for Hyper spectral Image Classification.
- Deblurred Images Post-Processing by Poisson Warping.
- Terahertz Imaging Radar With Inverse Aperture Synthesis Techniques: System Structure, Signal Processing, and Experiment Results.
- Colloidal Quantum Dot-Based Light Emitting Diodes With Solution Processed Electron Transporting Layer for Cellular Imaging.
- Image Pair Analysis With Matrix Value Operator.