Colloidal Quantum Dot Based Diodes for Cellular Imaging
We report a quantum dot (QD)-based light emitting diode (LED) structure with a solution processed zinc oxide electron transporting layer, with patterning of anode and cathode on the substrate toward cellular imagingapplications. Compared with the use of sputtered thin films, solutionprocessed electron transporting layer improves robustness of the device, as crystalline ZnO shows low CB and VB edge energy levels, efficiently suppressing hole leakage current resulting in LEDs with longer lifetimes. We demonstrate a working lifetime of more than 12 h and a shelf-life of more than 180 days for the devices. Our solution-based process is applicable to microcontact printed and also spin-coated QD films. Further, we demonstrate electroluminescence of QD LEDs at 580and 600-nm emission wavelengths, with typical turn-ON voltage of 12 V.
We compare operating characteristics of an array of individually addressable LEDs fabricated on a single substrate, with average size of each element being 800 μm × 200 μm. The LEDs with spin-coated ETL show a lifetime increase of more than three orders of magnitude compared with devices made using sputtered ETL layer. We find marginal increases in the intensity and uniformity of devices fabricated using a spin-coated ZnO layer. Finally, we demonstrate a compact multicolor light source for cell characterizations by imaging HEMA 3 stained MDA-MB 231 breast cancer cells on-chip. We demonstrate the capability of the devices as a light source by measuring intensity across stained cells with QDLEDs of two different wavelengths and show the correlation as expected with the absorption profile of the fluorescent dye.
Related Image Processing Project Titles:
- Image Pair Analysis With Matrix Value Operator.
- Online High Precision Probabilistic Localization of Robotic Fish Using Visual and Inertial Cues.
- Stable Mean Shift Algorithm and Its Application to the Segmentation of Arbitrarily Large Remote Sensing Images.
- Breast Segmentation and Density Estimation in Breast MRI: A Fully Automatic Framework.
- Estimation of Sunlight Direction Using 3D Object Models.
- Spatial Response Matched Filter and Its Application in Radiometric Accuracy Improvement of FY 2 Satellite Thermal Infrared Band.
- Compressed Sensing of a Remote Sensing Image Based on the Priors of the Reference Image.
- Four Class Classification of Skin Lesions With Task Decomposition Strategy.
- A Learning Framework for Age Rank Estimation Based on Face Images With Scattering Transform.
- Microstructural characterization of the pia arachnoid complex using optical coherence tomography.
- Operational BRDF Effects Correction for Wide-Field-of-View Optical Scanners (BREFCOR).
- Influence of the Contact Opening Speed on DC Vacuum Arc.
- Precise Three Dimensional Stereo Localization of Corner Reflectors and Persistent Scatterers With TerraSAR-X.
- Quantifying Tidal Mud Flat Elevations From Fixed-Platform Long-Wave Infrared Imagery.
- Trigger Wave Asynchronous Cellular Logic Array for Fast Binary Image Processing.
- Image Processing for Identification of Sea-Ice Floes and the Floe Size Distributions.
- Hipacc: A Domain Specific Language and Compiler for Image Processing.
- Extraction of Energy Information From Analog Meters Using Image Processing.
- Efficient Learning of Image Super-resolution and Compression Artifact Removal with Semi local Gaussian Processes.
- Combining image processing and laser fault injections for characterizing a hardware AES.
- Image Processing and Analysis for Single Molecule Localization Microscopy: Computation for nanoscale imaging.
- Active Learning With Gaussian Process Classifier for Hyper spectral Image Classification.
- Deblurred Images Post-Processing by Poisson Warping.
- Terahertz Imaging Radar With Inverse Aperture Synthesis Techniques: System Structure, Signal Processing, and Experiment Results.