Weaving an Assurance Case from Design
Assurance cases are used to demonstrate confidence in properties of interest for a system, e.g. For safety or security. A model-based assurance case seeks to bring the benefits of model-driven engineering, such as automation, transformation and validation, to what is currently a lengthy and informal process. In this paper we develop a model-based assurance approach, based on a weaving model, which allows integration between assurance case, design and process models and meta-models.
In our approach, the assurance case itself is treated as a structured model, with the aim that all entities in the assurance case become linked explicitly to the models that represent them. We show how it is possible to exploit the weaving model for automated generation of assurance cases. Building upon these results, we discuss how a seamless model-driven approach to assurance cases can be achieved and examine the utility of increased formality and automation.
Similar IEEE Project Titles:
- Compressing Sets and Multisets of Sequences.
- Authentication protocol for an ambient assisted living system.
- Security for the Internet of Things: A Survey of Existing Protocols and Open Research issues.
- Maximum Information Release While Ensuring Opacity in Discrete Event Systems.
- Software Puzzle: A Countermeasure to Resource-Inflated Denial-of-Service Attacks.
- Fault Attacks on STRNGs: Impact of Glitches, Temperature, and Underpowering on Randomness.
- A Framework for Secure Computations With Two Non-Colluding Servers and Multiple Clients, Applied to Recommendations.
- VProof: Lightweight Privacy-Preserving Vehicle Location Proofs.
- New Parallel Approaches for Scalar Multiplication in Elliptic Curve over Fields of Small Characteristic.
- A Proxy Identifier Based on Patterns in Traffic Flows.
- Secure Spatial Top-k Query Processing via Untrusted Location-Based Service Providers.
- High-Throughput Low-Complexity Systolic Montgomery Multiplication Over GF(2^m) based on Trinomials.
- Space-efficient Verifiable Secret Sharing Using Polynomial Interpolation.
- Spatial Mode Side Channels in Free-Space QKD Implementations.
- Postprocessing of the Oblivious Key in Quantum Private Query.
- New Regular Radix-8 Scheme for Elliptic Curve Scalar Multiplication without Pre-Computation.
- Automatic Application of Power Analysis Countermeasures.
- Security Considerations in Minutiae-based Fuzzy Vaults.
- Collusion-Tolerable Privacy-Preserving Sum and Product Calculation without Secure Channel.